Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cfolk2008, May 22, 2010.

1. cfolk2008

cfolk2008 New Member

Hey yall, I'm new on here and not really sure how everything works so bare with me...
    I have a 2003 Ext. Cab short bed LS Silverado. Unfortunately its only a V6 and 2wd.
    I'm looking to put some aftermarket stuff on there and was wondering what others had done? Just trying to get some ideas ya know? And would like to spend as little money as possible as I am a college student.
    I know I want to eventually put dual exhaust on it. I have also been thinking about putting bigger tires on it... I was wondering what is the biggest tire I can put on there without a lift?
    Also a cold air intake and maybe a chip.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Charlie

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As this is your First Post,....:sign0016:....To the Site.......Below is thread that goes into detail on.......Budget for 4.3 liter V-6'.......that can help you out,....On the tire size ....Are you running Stock Rims??

Link,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38565

3. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site from san fran, ca

4. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: Glad to have you aboard

5. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club.

6. rolltideroll

rolltideroll New Member

i would put a cold air intake and some E3 spark plugs, they run about $5.00 or $6.00 for one but you will be able to tell the difference in gas mileage and performance

7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Also if you are looking at bigger tires consider a programer to adjust the speedo etc so the miles are kept acurate. And do you know what gear ratio you have?? If it is a lower gear ratio (lower numbericaly that is) then you may want to consider stepping up the gears when you do bigger tires to retain your gas milage.
    I havent gotten to any of the cheap tricks in my 4.3L as i said I will due to not having enough time off of work to deal with it.. Plus last week was MN fishing opener so the boat took presidence.. Kinda funny my boat has a chevy motor as well..

8. cfolk2008

cfolk2008 New Member

Thanks fellas...

Right now yes I am running stock rims, but I was hoping to find a nice fairly cheap set of 17'' s.

And I dont know what my gear ratio is... It's an 03, I guess I should be able to find out somewhere on the internet what came stock in 03.

I am only thinking of going up to like 32 or 33's on the tire size so do you think I would need to get the programmer?

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

In your Glove Box,you will see a White Sticker.....on it you will see your Trucks Vin # and a Series of letters & number's.......Those are RPO codes....Which Stands for Regular Production Options.....In short what your truck came with from the factory.......So to find out what Rear gears you have,you are going to be looking for One of the following,

GU5......3.23
    GU6......3.42
    GT4......3.73
    GT5......4.10

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  10. Nate00Z71

Nate00Z71 New Member

The site that I found very useful when I was shopping for my Silverado was:
    http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

You can put in your VIN number and it will tell you all the RPO codes from the factory.