1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any lowriders or under construction projects?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 1_low_rider, Apr 9, 2009.

1. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider New Member

Hey guys, I would just like to try and start a thread about anything and everything involving lowered project trucks. If you got something slammed on the ground or one you plan on dropping, if you got fresh body work or something custom done this is the place to share. I'm just a guy who likes anything low the ground and I'm trying to find all you other pothole dodgers out there. So throw out what you've done to your ride in here and lets talk about it!.............Here's mine so far, i'm workin on getting a caddy cap on it at the moment, just have to pay my damn taxes first!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

We started a new project last month on a mid eighties Crewcab Dually, at this point we have a pile of parts.

The plan was to lower it about 4" with a combination of bags, spindles, and a 3 link rear end.

Sheet metal is a 2" cowl induction hood, 90 Suburban front clip with a Phantom grill, smooth doors with poppers and 1 piece glass, relocated tailgate handle and a smooth roll pan.

The interior is 7 way, leather, heated buckets up front with a matching rear bench that's designed to flatten into a bed. A custom dash panel with Stewart Warner gauges and matching leather, door panels covered in matching leather, custom wool carpet, and a tweed headliner.

Drivetrain is a 350, roller rockers, Dart aluminium heads, Billet underdrive pulleys, mild Edelbrock cam, Hooker ceramic coat headers. Havent settled on an induction system yet. Trans is a Jet Performance rebuilt 700R4. And the rear is a Dana 60 full floating Dually axle with 4.10 gears that was rebuilt about 2k miles ago.
    The bed will have a Hide a way Gooseneck/5th wheel convertable hitch.

I bought a 87 frame this week and started stripping it and getting it ready for the suspension parts. I cant go further on the frame until we decide if were gonna "step" the front and "C" notch the rear, drop the body, do both the body drop and frame mods, or settle for the original 4" drop we planned on.

Our suspension plans changed when I bought a totalled Suburban with a bagged suspension that was better than the set-up we already had.

At this point we have the sheetmetal with completed body work and interior mocked up on our rusted 81 donor truck waiting for a new cab.
    We have the suspension parts ready but need to make a decision on the frame work and start powdercoating and assembling.
    The drivetrain is powdercoated and ready to be installed in a frame and have an induction system added.
    And we have a new Painless wiring harness that will need to be installed in the new cab.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts

Everybody has seen this but mine was done in early 90's when drop spindels first came out (and way before the bagging era) previous to that you could only cut the coil springs (Which was hideous for the front end)

Here is my old project with 3" drop spindels and 3" drop springs, 8" flip in the rear with "C" notched frame. It was concider fairly radical in its day. Now a days you can put the truck down on the ground as a weekend project pracically.

I'd love to build another one but the wife gives me that what the hell for look....sigh....

[​IMG]
  4. 04blackz71

04blackz71 New Member

i am looking for my picks of my low rider it was a 2000 sonoma and it had a swap of an vette engine and lots of work done i will get that picture up when i find it i wish i never sold it the kid that bought it wrecked it in the snow then took it up in the mountain
  5. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

:sign0018:

Jamie... nevermind the truck in that picture.. I love that van in the background! Simpler days....
  6. mehoff400

mehoff400 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    couple pics of my old 98 silverado on full airbaggs
  7. Project1

Project1 New Member

nice bagged chevy!
  8. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider New Member

i knew i wasnt the only one in this place with a low low chevy. funny story, i coach a boys 13yr old baseball team and we use the local city park to hold our practices. they have just recently installed double speedbumps all through the park to slow people down as they drive through. i normally have to use the employee access driveway on the far side of the park just to get in so i can avoid these bumps. as i arrived at the beginning noone was at the park besides us so i went around all the speed bumps and into the far side of the park no problem. later, after we ended our practice the park had completely filled with people and they parked along the sides of the road forcing me to go over the speed bumps to get out. well i grinded over the first set without TOOOO much snag, drove off the road completely and went around the second set, zigzagged in and out of parked cars to dodge the next set, and then saw the final set of speed bumps and there was no possible way to go around them. so i slowly began over the bumps and made it over with my front wheels, but as i eased up my crossmember hung up on the speed bump. i had to flag down some kids playing basketball across the parking lot to come over and hop up and down in my bed just to shake the truck loose and drive away. lets just say for a few min. there i was the life of the party for the entire park, and i dont find that embarasing at all because they laugh behind my back but all want to be seen riding in my truck any other time. anywho that was my latest adventure, just thought id share.
  9. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member

heres my lower project i lowered my 4/7 but im plaiing on getting airbags body work and paint job but i have this picture so u guys can see what i have done to it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  10. alaxrunner

alaxrunner New Member

i just got my 04 sierra extended cab about 2 months ago i have a belltech 6 inch flip kit in the rear and 4" djm lower control arms in front chasis tech shocks in rear and toxic drop shocks in front and have swapped tails with an 03 silverado since these pics and my tailgate handle is being shaved at the moment but here are a few pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]