Any Navy Seabees here?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Apr 20, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Any Navy Seabees here? Former and current or have you worked with a Seabee or know someone who is a Seabee? Thinking about enlisting soon and just want to hear from anyone who was/is a Seabee. It is a path I'm looking down right now either active duty or as a reservist.

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Navy, huh? Guess it could be worse. If it were Coast guard... (Start the inter-service bashing thread... ha ha).

Seriously, I've never worked with Seabees. After I got out of the Army, I considered joining as one, just to do something different. Obviously, I didn't. As far as what little I looked into it when I was looking at it, the training was good and obviously translates really well to civilian work after the fact. That's always something to consider when choosing an MOS.

I can ask around. We've got all services on base here where I am right now. Do you have any specific questions? Or just looking for general information right now?

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Some general info really. My brother got out as an E-6 as a submariner so he's no help when it comes to Seabees. I think it'd be a good start for working in the plants down here in Louisiana.