Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Any Navy Seabees here?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Apr 20, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Any Navy Seabees here? Former and current or have you worked with a Seabee or know someone who is a Seabee? Thinking about enlisting soon and just want to hear from anyone who was/is a Seabee. It is a path I'm looking down right now either active duty or as a reservist.

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Navy, huh? Guess it could be worse. If it were Coast guard... (Start the inter-service bashing thread... ha ha).

Seriously, I've never worked with Seabees. After I got out of the Army, I considered joining as one, just to do something different. Obviously, I didn't. As far as what little I looked into it when I was looking at it, the training was good and obviously translates really well to civilian work after the fact. That's always something to consider when choosing an MOS.

I can ask around. We've got all services on base here where I am right now. Do you have any specific questions? Or just looking for general information right now?

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Some general info really. My brother got out as an E-6 as a submariner so he's no help when it comes to Seabees. I think it'd be a good start for working in the plants down here in Louisiana.