Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

any one can help me steering stabilizer??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by new01xkrowner, Mar 20, 2013.

1. new01xkrowner

new01xkrowner New Member

Another silly question... On my 2001 Sierra 2500HD diesel, there is a horizontal shock in the middle of the front, (under side) is that called a steering stabilizer shock? And if it is leaking, is there a preferred brand of replacement? Is that a factory part? I'm a new pickup truck owner, and my last gmc truck was a 1995my 2500 and no such thing on that one.. thanks, Terry

2. workman482

workman482 New Member

My 2003 2500HD 4x4 came with one stock. I just got an oem replacement for 26 bucks. It works well and was fairly cheap.

3. steved

steved Former Member

Any parts store should be able to get you an OE-style/replacement in a brand name stabilizer...Monroe, Gabriel, etc.. Just make sure you take the original with you, and make sure the compressed and extended lengths are the same (or really close).

Stabilizers don't get a lot of abuse unless the steering is worn out, so they don't have to be expensive.