any one can help me steering stabilizer??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by new01xkrowner, Mar 20, 2013.

  1. new01xkrowner

    new01xkrowner New Member

    Another silly question... On my 2001 Sierra 2500HD diesel, there is a horizontal shock in the middle of the front, (under side) is that called a steering stabilizer shock? And if it is leaking, is there a preferred brand of replacement? Is that a factory part? I'm a new pickup truck owner, and my last gmc truck was a 1995my 2500 and no such thing on that one.. thanks, Terry
  2. workman482

    workman482 New Member

    My 2003 2500HD 4x4 came with one stock. I just got an oem replacement for 26 bucks. It works well and was fairly cheap.
  3. steved

    steved Former Member

    Any parts store should be able to get you an OE-style/replacement in a brand name stabilizer...Monroe, Gabriel, etc.. Just make sure you take the original with you, and make sure the compressed and extended lengths are the same (or really close).

    Stabilizers don't get a lot of abuse unless the steering is worn out, so they don't have to be expensive.

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos