1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

any one have a 93 burb?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by roy c, Apr 4, 2014.

1. roy c

roy c New Member

My 93 sub rear tail gate window doesn't pop open when I release the switch
    on the driver side. I hear clicking no problem if someone stands outside by
    the window it does disengage but I can't open the window after I hit the switch
    at driver side then walk back there to open the window any ideas thanks

ChevyFan likes this.
  2. Scrufdog

Scrufdog New Member

Might be the struts that hold the window open are shot and not pushing it open, past the latch. If someone pulls on the window you hit the switch can they open it?

3. roy c

roy c New Member

yes it does open I thought that the pistons might have been the cause. I'll wait till they start to sag
    there still holding the glass way up with no problem thanks for the help roy

4. nitrozamboni

nitrozamboni New Member

Same thing was happening with mine. I replaced the lifts. That didn't help. Then I silicon-ed the crap out of the weatherstripping around the window. That helped a little but still have to get the key out once in a while. If you find a solution I'd love to hear it!

ChevyFan likes this.