1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

any one have black outs?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevy07_man, Dec 11, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. chevy07_man

chevy07_man New Member

Was wondering if anyones got the blackout covers on their headlights and tail lights. the tape on covers. Wondered how they affect your headlights at night. thanks
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had black outs on my marker lights and my headlights on my 2001 S-10, but that only lasted for about a day. They almost take away all of your headlight beam, I think they are dangerous unless you have a set of fog lights built into your bumper that you could have to supplement the light. I left the one's on the marker lights for a while, until they got stolen while we were at a truck show. I love the looks of them, but they really aren't functional for every day driving.
  3. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

I bought a set for my '03 Av... It came with the headlight covers and the marker light covers... The headlight coveres were a PITA to get on and off, so I never used them. I just used the markerlight covers and I keep them on... If you get the smoked/charcoal covers, you need to take them off when driving at night. You'll get pulled over for having them on while your headlights are on...