Any one with personal experience on steering knuckle / spnidle lift kits ?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by only1stegall, Oct 16, 2009.

1. only1stegall

only1stegall New Member

I drive a 04 1500 2wd. Looking at trying out a 3" spindle/steering knuckle lift kit.

Ive looked at several different companies and there are some conflicting directions on if the factory 16 inch wheels will fit. Does any one have any personal experience on if the factory 16s will fit with 3" knuckle lifts?

I tried searching for an answer but I cant find a defiant yes to my question. Also, maybe if some one could post a few pictures of how their truck sits with the lift installed.

Thanks guys. Nice looking forum here also !

2. jordan.coquat

jordan.coquat New Member

The probliem lies with the backspacing of your stock wheels. If they won't go on, it is simply a matter of buying a wheel spacer...i have put on many of these lifts, but usually the customer springs for new wheels and tires when lifting...

3. mainec

mainec Rockstar

Backspacing is key!!!!

I would definetly go with new wheels with the correct backspacing. I just installed a 6" Pro Comp on my 08 and the wheel backspacing was incorrect. It turned this simple install into a nightmare.

Charles :sign0011: