any opinions on goodyear wrangler st tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by david12601, Nov 14, 2010.

1. david12601

david12601 New Member

just picked up my new silverado and was wondering about the performance of the goodyear wrangler st ......I was hoping it would come through with the firestone like a friend of mine had...his truck was delivered in sept.....I picked up an extra set of rims and bought general at grabbers to put on dec thru april then change back to a smooth road tire I may see if a local mavis will give me some trad in value of these new tires and put something else on.......i would like some imput on other silverado owners on tire performance....thanks

2. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Well here's my input. We picked up our truck last December and I contemplated getting winters and when I decided to, I could not find a set of four that I wanted. I ran my oem Good Year wrangler STs and my wife complained about spinning the tires in cooler wet weather. Our 2007 had the G80 and Dueller AT's and ran them summer/ winter no problems. Had to pull the RV last weekend to get it winterized and was having wheel spin as it was cold and wet. So I do not like them in cool wet weather and now have a set of Hercules Extreme for this winter.

3. david12601

david12601 New Member

today it is raining and about and this truck is slippin a lot not even 120 miles on the tires.....I just got off the phone with mavis tire and am puttin on the general hts tomorrow afternoon

4. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

slip slidin away!

5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I've heard that Wranglers are better in mud/terrain, than pavement/gravel. I have always liked and have had 2 sets of BFGoodrich Long Trail and Trail Rated ones....great traction, good longevity, and never noticed any difference in the cold !!(especially here in Canada )