Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Any Recomondations For More Performance Additions

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by GrapplerBaki, Aug 16, 2013.

1. GrapplerBaki

GrapplerBaki New Member

Not sure if Im posting in the right, place new to this forumn.

Well for starters got a 2.9 v4, running MBRP SS Dual exhasut, with K and N 63 series Cold air intake and JET Stage 2 performance chip.

Anything you guys think I should change?

Any recomondations for any more performance additions?

It seems that is about all the bolts on I could do. I have been looking at actual mechanical parts, but we dont seem to find any performance upgardes flyweehl etc....

Before any haters bash me for trying to pump up my 4 bannger, save yourself the time and keep moving. I know my car is not a beast, but it is fun quick and wouldnt mind adding more fun stuff to it, sepcifically if they make the car quicker more reliable or powerful, im all for it.

BTW I am in CALI so alot crapy emission laws.

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!

Are we talking about an S-10/Sonoma here or something else? Also, what year?

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    Performance And Fuel Tech Section

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

It appears the OP has a Chevrolet Colorado. You could get a 2.9L I4 (not V4) with 185HP and 190 ft-lbs of torque.

2.9L is a really big 4 cylinder engine.

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If it's a Colorado, maybe it's the I-5 at 2.9L?

6. stchman

The I5 was a 3.5L then a 3.7L, the I4 was a 2.8L then a 2.9L.

7. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Install a centrifugal supercharger from Vortech. Or a turbocharger. And get it dyno tuned.

8. GrapplerBaki

GrapplerBaki New Member

sorry guys

TS here, sorry fellas at work havent had a chacne to jump back on it si a 07 canyon i4 not 5

I do have questions on the supercharger, I dont see many places that seel this for my vehicle it maybe the cali laws. Also form what ive seen turbo and supers are made for the deisels and v8's. Cna you shed any light on this anyone?

9. stchman

Colorado/Canyon, same truck.

As far as adding a supercharger, do you really want to spend that much money?

10. GrapplerBaki

GrapplerBaki New Member

Yep exactly the same truck, but if it could be done, then eventually yes. why not?? It be would fun to have a truck that looks like a commuter and then hauls ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive looked and only found the watermenthol injection unit which seems is a part or add on to a supercharger. Im not seeing vortec charges for my lil 4 banger.