any suggestions? V-8 Swap 98 jimmy

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by rudeboi619, Mar 14, 2013.

1. rudeboi619

rudeboi619 New Member

i have a 98 gmc jimmy sls 4x4 i am asking for advice on what V8s are compatible? (Engine mounts,trans,engine bay limits) if any are at all.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

94-97 lt1 are by far the most popular for second gen s10/blazer swaps. Ls engines are also compatible, but very expensive. There is a guy on YouTube that has a 454 in a 03 s10, he has to recess the firewall and remove the inner fenders. It's all how much money you want to invest, I have a complete lt1 swap at my house right now, that was for my 01 s10. I never did it because it wouldn't have been worth the investment.
  3. AC`s94chevy

AC`s94chevy New Member

I would find similar year 350 with the same injection system then go from there.It would be a direct swap all the sensors should be the same.
  4. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

i think you'd need to go 100 custom because they never came with a V8.... especially if you want to pass emissions...
    if thats the case you should get yourself a complete fullsize truck that was rolled or something early in life, and just get EVERTTHING out of it. not only will you get everything you need in one stop, but your save THOUSANDS in time and parts =)