any thoughts about my truck? anything you think i should do to it?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by staymad, Jan 28, 2013.

1. staymad

staymad New Member

my truck.jpg anyone have anythoughts about my truck like or dislike?

2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd add tow mirrors. Spec d black euro headlights and smoked fogs. Also smoke the third brake lights. I'm not a big fan on on the rail tool boxes, I like the chest but that's no big deal. Great looking truck nothing to dis like

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! That's a nice truck. I like it. I'd level the front so that it sits at the same height as the back, but that's about all I have to recommend.

4. staymad

staymad New Member

ive got some fog headlights that i am ordering there on their way right now, also i have smoked tail lights, a 3" weston bull bar on the front, blacked out chevy symbols

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I went to a place an they wanted to charge 400 bucks to level out the front of my truck? To me that seemed high, but I have no idea, is that a good price?

5. ahmitchell1

do not pay 400 dollars holy smokes I leveled my front for 100 dollars. It's very easy to do yourself it took my 45 minutes. Then you gotta go get it aligned which is free for me but still 400 is very very pricey. What fogs did you end up getting. The ones I got broke a mounting tab that I had to plastic weld back on they look sick though

6. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I leveled my truck for $80, did it myself and I am no were near manically incline on this stuff. Took me an hour.
    Welcome to the club. I like your truck. I would add window deflectors. Even if you don't smoke it adds a touch of volume around the windows.

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know your probably trying to black it out, but I think a silver or red pinstripe would look real nice!! Otherwise nice looking truck!!

8. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Leveling is easy if you have some tools and a couple jackstands. Make sure to get it aligned after.

*Edit*: Actually it depends on which type of leveling kit you buy. Some require you to compress your coil springs, which is more difficult than the ones that just bolt on.

9. staymad

staymad New Member

Can someone give me a URL to a website that would have a leveling kit for my truck?

10. ahmitchell1

Just do a search for your year make and model 1500 and find a quality brand I used ccm and also added 2.5 inches in the rear. Rough country is a good brand I hear for leveling kits