any thoughts about my truck? anything you think i should do to it?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by staymad, Jan 28, 2013.

1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

sharp rims... I like black trucks all blacked out (windows, lights, tags, bumpers,etc.)... What would look cool on a black truck would be ghost stripes or flames.

2. Creepy Crawler

Creepy Crawler New Member

I see a lot of posts saying telling the Op to level the front himself, but nobody has said what they did and how they did it.

3. staymad

staymad New Member

Thank yall

4. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

looks great..welcome to the club from a Canadian Member
    Brian...

5. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Love the truck, hate the rims! But I'm anti-rims :). I think it looks great though, nice glossy paint, I'm a sucker for standard cab, short beds...

6. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

sharp lookin truck, looks good so far but i agree on smoke for the 3rd brake light and a pair of Tow Mirrors, possibly a pair of pocket style bolt on fender flares.

your truck has the coil sprung struts in the front suspension and leaf springs in the rear. Rough Country offers a 2" leveling kit for these model trucks that if i recall was $64.95 for the whole kit. (about a year ago one of my friends purchased one and him and i installed it in about a half an hour). after jacking it up and supporting it on jack stands, the driver side took about 15 minutes and the passenger side took about 5. (things tend to go faster once you know what youre doing :money: ) The kit consistts of 2 C-shaped blocks about an inch thick and 4 bolts. The way these work is they are essentially spacers that go bettween your strut and your lower control arm, with longer bolts to reattatch.

And before you ask, "How will a 1" block give me 2 inches of lift?!" dont feel bad cuz this one had me scratching my head at first aswell. :p The strut is about halfway between the frame where the control arm pivots, and the steering knuckle where your tire attatches, and so thinking of the control arm as a lever and the strut as a fulcrum, 1" of lift in the center will amount to 2" of lift at the far end.

Installation of these are very straight forward and simple. Also they DO NOT REQUIRE A COIL SPRING COMPRESSOR.
    which is nice because it will save you about 60 bucks and they can be a real pain in the a$$. But as said make sure you have your tires alligned afterwards.

If you do decide to install one of these and are having any trouble at all with the installation, either make a post thread, or feel free to send me a PM and i'll be happy to talk you through the process.

1 person likes this.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Black out the rear bumper.. Add Dark Purple or Gray Ghost flames...

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

Lots of good input, here. I second the following in the list (in this order if cash is tight):
    • Level it out (lots of bang for the buck)
    • Vent visors (cheap and adds volume)
    • Black out both bumpers
    • Add towing mirrors
    • Replace the tall truck box with either a chest or a low profile truck box - black, of course

9. staymad

staymad New Member

How do I black out the bumpers?

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have them painted or some Co's make a overlay for them that can be painted to match