1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

any thoughts about my truck? anything you think i should do to it?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by staymad, Jan 28, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Some people also vinyl wrap them. I'm not a fan of that, myself since I don't like the idea of water, salt, sand, and/or other debris getting between the wrap and the bumper, but to each his/her own.
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If money isnt an issue get the bumper powdercoated. I just used plastidip becuase one day I will put my fab fours bumpers on. I didn't see the need to spend all the money on something that won't be staying. Plasti dip is really easy to use as well

- - - Updated - - -

If money isnt an issue get the bumper powdercoated. I just used plastidip becuase one day I will put my fab fours bumpers on. I didn't see the need to spend all the money on something that won't be staying. Plasti dip is really easy to use as well
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I would agree a level kit is a good cheap mod that makes a big impact on the look and stance of the truck. However I am not a fan of all blacked out trucks so I say leave the bumpers alone. I would agree that a red pin strip would look nice, or any other accent color. I amnot a fan of truck boxes. I do understand that some use their trucks for work purposes but I like the lower profile ones in that case. I would also look into a tonneau cover to work with a truck box.
    These are my ideas but keep it "you".
  4. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

Oh and one thing i forgot: if/when you go to order the leveling kit, the site/rep is going to ask you if your lower control arms are aluminum or not.

The reason for this is because the aluminum lower control arms are thicker than the steel ones, so the replacement longer bolts they send with the kit will need to be longer than the ones they send with the kit for steel lower control arms.

Finding out which lower control arms you have is very simple, its pretty much the same way you check to see if a dog is male or female, just get down and look up :lol:

The steel LCA's are painted black and depending on condition you may see slight surface rust. This is a dead give away that you have the steel LCA's

The Aluminum LCA's are unpainted and shine like the inside of a beer can.

Hope this helps

-BFG-
  5. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

I installed the ReadyLift 2.25 level kit by myself and it took me about a hour! You can get it here http://www.readylift.com/c-123-gmc-sierra-1500-2007-2012-2wd-4wd-6-lug-225.aspx plus they have a installation video on that page. Great quality and it improved the appearence of my truck dramatically, plus made plenty room for 33/12.50/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires. As stated before, re-alignment required.....Oh, by the way Nice truck but I would rather see a Low Profile tool box. I would also add the GoRino nerf bars, http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/go-rhino-dominator-iii-wheel-to-wheel-nerf-bars I purchased the Polished but the Black would look, Great on you truck. They are very sturdy and easy installation.
  6. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

Not sure i would do anything, I like how your truck looks right now!
  7. staymad

staymad New Member

I love it right now too, but theres always something you can do to it :) my girlfriend gets mad because i spend too much money on my truck.
  8. WorstCaseOntario

WorstCaseOntario New Member

I agree, I put this kit on in December, with help from a buddy. Took about an hour or two depending on how many beveys you're having. Love the look of the higher front end and with the bottom air valance off it really makes the truck look a lot higher. Ready Lift provided decent instructions and everything was bolt on. Refer to youtube videos if you get stuck or if the pics in the instructions are too dark.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014