1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any tire suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Black Beauty, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Black Beauty

Black Beauty New Member

I have a 2005 Tahoe. I call her "Big Bertha". Love it to death.........but, when it started raining, and I took her on the freeway for the first time in the rain, she started to fishtail.........What to do.....I replaced the original tires with Michelin Cross Terrain's (265/70/16). Excellent tires, only problem I had with them was when a stupid nail would jump in front of one of the tires, and I would get a flat. It's time to replace them after getting 70,000 miles out of them. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could replace them with (same size). Love those Michelins, but my money situation isn't quite like it was when I dropped 900.00 bucks for a set of four. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the Cooper Discoverer ATs on my Toyota and the STs on my Silverado. The less aggressive ATs have a 70K warranty similar to the Michelin's.
  3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

For my personal ride, I buy factory take offs from all those guys who swap out for rim/tire packages. You can get nice factory alloys with near new tires for less than $400 bucks. Checkout craigslist in your area.

For my work truck I talked the boss into a gorgeous set of the new Wrangler MT/R's. Tread is very aggressive (noisy), and they have 6 ply's including one kevlar ply that has kept me puncture free so far. Very pricey at $1500 for a set of 5 tires.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I do the same as "unplugged", I use Craig's List. I've bought two or three sets that way and it works well, especially for the "budget challenged"!
  5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

BFGoodrich is made by Michelin. They are really good tires, and considerably less than the Michelins.
  6. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine and love them. No complaints with these.
  7. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

i would try to call some of the independent tire stores and try to find out if they sell used. When i was getting ready to turn in my TB lease i had to put new rubber on it or the dealer wouldve charged me $1000 or more, i found a set of Michelin Cross Terrains for $50 a piece. With tax out the door i spent $212. the tires were used but still had the little rubber nipple things on them. It was a steal.