any websites that offer the oem chrome rim exchange program? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Anonymous, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

im really wanting a set of factory oem chrome wheels for my 1997 ck1500 4x4 suburban lt., but cant seem to find any places...any input would be helpful..

2. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Factory chromes for a '97. Hmm. you might find a decent set at a wrecking yard. Of course, they would be 8 years old now. :-(

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

thanks for input....i have found a company in california that offers the exchange program. i will pay 700.00 for the chrome ones, then once they receive my old ones , then i would be reinbursed the money i paid for the chromies. so i may be going that route in about another month. :wink:

4. chevyman

chevyman New Member

What does freight cost on something like that?

5. shipping would be around $75.00

6. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Have you considered aftermarket rims? Not sure of the look you're going for but I got a set of escalade 17" wheels off ebay for my truck + about 80 shipping. Once you replace the center cap from Caddy with the blank disc there's no way to tell they are not OEM for the Burbon and they look sharp, I think.

7. cool.....havent thought of that, i seen a set of factory chrome alloys awhile back,and i just fell in love with them..and theyre not as common also.( the factory chrome ones that is) but i willl leave my options open though

8. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

The stuff that stands out is the less common styles, it's always nice to have a little character with your ride.

You'll have to send some pics once you get the new rims on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.