1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any word on the 2015 Duramaxes?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by PantheraUncia, Sep 30, 2013.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

I know they will have the new body style that the 1500's have now, but are they going to be 6.6L or 6.0L and are they going to still have the 6 speed or an 8 speed?
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I think for the intro year they will have 6 speed trannys and the 6.6L dmax or have the gas options of the 6.0 and 6.2 depending on what you want.
  3. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Member

[h=2]From https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-silverado-2500hd-heavy-duty-truck.html

DURAMAX + ALLISON = 765 LB-FT OF TORQUE[/h][h=3]PROVEN POWER[/h]The new Silverado HD gets its heavy-duty power from proven sources, including the legendary available Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 mated to the legendary Allison® 6-speed automatic transmission. With 765 lb-ft of torque under your right foot, it’s a beast of burden. The standard powertrain is our VortecTM 6.0L V8. Want to run LPG/CNG? The 2015 Silverado 2500 will also be available with a VortecTM 6.0L V8 featuring hardened valve seats to allow the use of SFI Compressed Natural Gas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The duallies look great but still way too much chrome on the fronts of the Silverados. Overall, I like them.