Any word on the 2015 Duramaxes?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by PantheraUncia, Sep 30, 2013.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I know they will have the new body style that the 1500's have now, but are they going to be 6.6L or 6.0L and are they going to still have the 6 speed or an 8 speed?

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I think for the intro year they will have 6 speed trannys and the 6.6L dmax or have the gas options of the 6.0 and 6.2 depending on what you want.

3. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Member 2 Years 100 Posts

[h=2]From https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-silverado-2500hd-heavy-duty-truck.html

DURAMAX + ALLISON = 765 LB-FT OF TORQUE[/h][h=3]PROVEN POWER[/h]The new Silverado HD gets its heavy-duty power from proven sources, including the legendary available Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 mated to the legendary Allison® 6-speed automatic transmission. With 765 lb-ft of torque under your right foot, it’s a beast of burden. The standard powertrain is our VortecTM 6.0L V8. Want to run LPG/CNG? The 2015 Silverado 2500 will also be available with a VortecTM 6.0L V8 featuring hardened valve seats to allow the use of SFI Compressed Natural Gas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The duallies look great but still way too much chrome on the fronts of the Silverados. Overall, I like them.