1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anybody have any ideas?

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by CHEVYVANMAN, Aug 12, 2013.

1. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

My 05 awd is giving me problems,,

I have this vibration noise up front,

So far I've changed the pass side cvt , brakes rotors calipers up front,,
    U joints front and back changed fluid!

The problem is still there, I took off my front driveshaft, and it didn't help,,
    My van will move now when it is in park though!!!

The drivers side bearing is a couple years old maybe I should change that now ,, it feels like I'm just throwing money away though

Thanks for any help you can provide
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have heard of guys replacing the bearings in those front diffs every 75,000 miles. I have know guys with over 300,000 on them and they have never touched them. You might want to take a look at the front diff and the front wheel hubs
  3. CHEVYVANMAN

Is there bearings in there also?

I can hear it get louder as the suspension loads!!
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ive heard the pinion bearings can be a problem which is one reason I steer clear of them for resale.
    Hmm moves while in park, sounds like the park locking pawl has a problem. I dont remember if that model can be accessed from below by dropping the trans pan.
  5. CHEVYVANMAN

One dealer told me worse case scenario was 1500 I found another one that would diagnose it for a hundred dollars,,
    hard to take my van out of service!!!

Oh well I'll keep you posted
  6. CHEVYVANMAN

Turns out its the 2 year old bearing on the drivers side,

At the last minute I told them to diagnose my engine light too,,
    so that cost 140 to diagnose, I can change the bearing myself, it turns out its a solenoid so I'm having them fix it,
    They wanted 850 to do everything, so I told them to fix the solenoid, so roughly I'll have 600 bucks into it,

Kind of makes me mad I was gonna do the bearing this morning, but being two years old I didn't think it would be the cause!