Anybody have any ideas?

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by CHEVYVANMAN, Aug 12, 2013.

1. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

My 05 awd is giving me problems,,

I have this vibration noise up front,

So far I've changed the pass side cvt , brakes rotors calipers up front,,
    U joints front and back changed fluid!

The problem is still there, I took off my front driveshaft, and it didn't help,,
    My van will move now when it is in park though!!!

The drivers side bearing is a couple years old maybe I should change that now ,, it feels like I'm just throwing money away though

Thanks for any help you can provide

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have heard of guys replacing the bearings in those front diffs every 75,000 miles. I have know guys with over 300,000 on them and they have never touched them. You might want to take a look at the front diff and the front wheel hubs

3. CHEVYVANMAN

Is there bearings in there also?

I can hear it get louder as the suspension loads!!

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ive heard the pinion bearings can be a problem which is one reason I steer clear of them for resale.
    Hmm moves while in park, sounds like the park locking pawl has a problem. I dont remember if that model can be accessed from below by dropping the trans pan.

5. CHEVYVANMAN

One dealer told me worse case scenario was 1500 I found another one that would diagnose it for a hundred dollars,,
    hard to take my van out of service!!!

Oh well I'll keep you posted

6. CHEVYVANMAN

Turns out its the 2 year old bearing on the drivers side,

At the last minute I told them to diagnose my engine light too,,
    so that cost 140 to diagnose, I can change the bearing myself, it turns out its a solenoid so I'm having them fix it,
    They wanted 850 to do everything, so I told them to fix the solenoid, so roughly I'll have 600 bucks into it,

Kind of makes me mad I was gonna do the bearing this morning, but being two years old I didn't think it would be the cause!