1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anybody have problems w/ plastic oil cap?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 94 Jimmy P/U, Oct 12, 2009.

1. 94 Jimmy P/U

94 Jimmy P/U Member

here in the last 8 months ive bought 3 oil caps for the valve cover on my 94 GMC 2500 W/ 350

i can tighten it up till it clicks & it will tight (valve guides bad in my truck so i stay under the hood checking oil once a day like on my big trucks ) these plastic oil caps are driving me nuts

this is the 3rd oil cap that has mysteriously dissappred on me im thinking they may be backing off due to the threds on the valve cover or oil cap may be stripping out do they still make a metal oil cap for a 94 or am i stuck w/ plastic ?

im gonna try putting some teflon tape around the cap maybe this will help ...

any ideas yall ?

Mack
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How about this one? Just google "93-97 CHEVY CAMARO Z28 5.7L LT1 CHROME ENGINE OIL CAP"
    $20 bucks

[​IMG]
  3. 94 Jimmy P/U

94 Jimmy P/U Member

Thanks unplugged ill try that :great:

i went to check the oil again this morning as usual & the new cap was loose (still in valve cover) but loose im surprised it was still there these oil caps are getting annoying quick :confused:

thanks & yall have a safe one

Mack