1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anybody into Drag Racing?

Discussion in 'North America - Canada' started by iceman68, Apr 18, 2009.

1. iceman68

iceman68 New Member

Just curious - anyone on here into drag racing ?
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I go to all of the drag racing at Norwalk Raceway in Ohio, and also the drag races at National Trail Raceway in Columbus Ohio. I am a spectator only but love the sounds a 10,000 horsepower dragster makes when it comes off the line, it is an adrenaline rush like nothing else on the planet! Last year we went to the Bike Drags and that was really something to see in person, and then we go to the Jet truck drags where they have semi trucks and school buses that go 200+ mph down the 1/4 mile. Our favorite bracket is the outlaw racing that is very popular today, plus we always like to see the altered funny cars too. My dad always wanted to go down the track in a funny car, and my dream would be to drive one of those 200mph Harley's down the track! HOLD ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:gasp:
  3. iceman68

iceman68 New Member

That's cool....

I do some racing up here in a series called the Ontario Street Car Association - classes ranging from Super Street 10.5 to heads up index classes and a couple of comp classes to. It's great racing and lots of action in the heads up classes.
  4. bUCKOLA

bUCKOLA New Member

I generally make a pass or two every year at our local track ( Cayuga). Would like to get more involved in bracket racing but can't seem to dedicate the time needed to be competitive. I love the sport!!

TRPLXL2...Last year I spent the weekend in Norwalk for the Pinks All Out Event. Without a doubt one the most spectacular tracks in North America!!!
  5. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I love drag racing. My Formula is not really fast enough for heads-up, but it does pretty good in the bracket racing. I did a lot of racing back 10 or so years ago and I am trying to get back to the track more now. Here is a short, crude video of my Formula at the track last month. It's the first time it has been down the track since 2000. This is at a local 1/8 mile track on street tires. Could probably drop another .4 with some tuning and slicks.

[​IMG]
  6. 89' Silverado

89' Silverado New Member

love drag racing, i dont do it much but i've grown up around it...my grandpa and dad did it alot...granpda recently retired from it and dad hasnt done it in a while...im hoping to get ahold of his car...not the fastest but its a fun car, its a 72 vega with a mostly stock 427 chevy sb
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I was also at the Pink's all out drags at Norwalk, we were going to camp but at the last moment they changed it to where no one could stay on site after the gates closed. I absolutely love to go to Norwalk for a weekend event, and the camping makes it awesome especially at the Super Chevy weekend. Nothing but Chevy's allowed (cars, trucks, vans, suv's) AND ABSOLUTELY NO FOEIGN CARS!!!!!

I consider myself fortunate to only be 45 minutes from the track, we take all of our cars out there for different events. It is nice to be able to see a car being all shined up and showy, and then 4 hours later see it tearing it up down the track for the crowd. One thing I couldn't get over at the Pink's event was how many guys jumped the start and got disqalified, Chris's hand signals are very confusing because he actually drops his hands twice and sometimes he does it harder than others. I know a lot of people in the stands were complaining because of that too, hopefully Pink's will come back in the future for another show.:glasses:
  8. 89' Silverado

89' Silverado New Member

I've always raced at Area 51 dragway in Roswell, NM...haven't been there lately since i moved away but it was good times when i was there
  9. iceman68

iceman68 New Member

Hey bUCKOLA....I'll be down at Cayuga for the 23rd and 24th for the first points race in our series for 09. I know what you mean...I couldn't spend all the time required in the local bracket series...too many weekends and I like to do other things with the family. That's why this series is so good - it's basically 5 - 6 races each summer and you are competing in a real points series, with an awards banquet at the end of the season....come out and check it out....you'll love it for sure. website for the series is www.raceosca.com
  10. bUCKOLA

bUCKOLA New Member

The OSCA series is one I usualy attend with my little nephew...great cars and the competition is tight. This year were going to the Arm Drop live event so I'm nor sure if we'll make it . What car do you race...Im sure I've seen it. Good Luck!!!