Anybody know of A good cheap exhaust that sounds good with some headers?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by gbyers09, Dec 29, 2010.

1. gbyers09

gbyers09 New Member

I have a 05 silverado ext cab and just purchased some headers. Its the 5.2L and i want it to sound bad ass. any suggestions for a cheap but good exhaust?

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Do you want a "kit" exhaust? Try Summit racing, LMC, Jegs, or Ebay

3. gbyers09

gbyers09 New Member

what would be better? a kit or just the actual muffler

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

ok, you were asking about a good exhaust so I thought you wanted an exhaust system.
    If you just want to replace the muffler, then Magnaflow & Flowmaster seem to be the 2 most popular choices among the majority of the members here.

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!X2 on the mufflers stephan listed.

6. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 Rockstar 100 Posts

Not being a Smart A$$.... but 5.2? I believe you mean 5.3

7. gbyers09

gbyers09 New Member

yea lol my bad

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

And for the mufflers i kind of want to go with flowmaster. What series should i get? im going to run true dual

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just get a dual in dual out muffler, if you go to midas they sell and install flowmaster so then they can also honor any warranty issues you may have down the road with the exhaust. Otherwise just go to an actual muffler shop and tell them what you want and they will bend it, weld it and install it, much cheaper then buying a full kit. By the way, I hted my magnaflow on my suburban I switched and went with a flo-pro much happier with the sound and the seat of the pants dyno was improved