1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone bought an '08 Suburban recently?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by bro_hof, Oct 13, 2008.

1. bro_hof

bro_hof New Member

Wondering how much dealers are willing to wheel and deal right now with the end of the model year upon us? Looking at an '08 LTZ 4x4, Blk on Blk, with retractable steps and chrome package (wheels, tow hooks, etc) MSRP of 58,085. In the middle TN area there seems to be a glut of 08 inventory available. Got some laughable quotes via email for a few with only about 2K off of MSRP before incentives. Anyone have advice or a story with a recent purchase? Thanks in advance!
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I'm not sure what promos are going on right now but as we reach the end of the year, you will find better and better deals. I bought my 06 on 12/31/06 after the 07's came out so they were pushing the 06's like crazy!
  3. Allen

Allen New Member

In 8/08, I bought an '08 a Suburban LT in Alabama. Sticker was ~ $47K...I got it out the door for $36.5K.
  4. maximumrob

maximumrob New Member

I don't know if "used" is an option for you, but my wife and I just got back from driving to AR to pick up a 2007 2WD for $15,000. Yes, there's family discount in there, but the local dealers wouldn't have given them more than $22k for it. It has 17,000 miles and is the LTZ.

With all the folk still knee-jerking over gas prices, I'd say buy private-party, used. ...but I know some folks only buy new!

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ed Wallace on his show "wheels with Ed Wallace" said that prices for big trucks and suburbans have already started to go up wholesale. Trucks that would have brought $20k last week will now bring $25k this week. The reason is that as gas prices have fallen, there are people that were on the fence before about big trucks and burbans ... now will make the decision to buy. More buyers means higher prices. I'd argue that given the current state of affairs, you could get a great deal now and more people will be looking to buy later on this year ... might be the best time now.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The local Chevy dealer was offering a fully loaded (MSRP $58k) in Aug. for $42k, in Sept. he was down to $37k. I havent talked to them since last month because I wasnt interested in a new Suburban. They were also willing to give me $3k over my purchase price for my 08 HHR as a trade-in.
  7. bro_hof

bro_hof New Member

WOW! That's a crazy price and deal. The end of the month is coming...I'll report back with either my new Burb or XL Denali.
  8. 08silverburban

08silverburban New Member

Just bought an '08 Suburban 2 weeks ago. Traded in the Avalanche that I was upside down on (by a LOT according to KBB). Bought the Suburban out the door (before I added goodies to it... hard not to) for less than sticker. The Avalanche is on the lot listed retail for less than what the dealer wrote up on it for 'trade value'.

0 for 72 is hard to say no to as well. Borrow someone else's money for 6 years at no cost.....
  9. 08silverburban

08silverburban New Member

September they were offering employee pricing for everyone. (about 8K in savings right off the bat), and had about 10K in incentives for buying an '08 in stock, depending on local. Locally they had a couple that were 50k list in the upper 30's. I get employee pricing all the time, so I waited for the 0%, even though they are still offering a big rebate.