Anyone else hate grill guards/push bars?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by benhartholt, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benhartholt

benhartholt New Member

Is there anyone else here who thinks that grill guards/push bars look absolutely hideous on trucks? They make the front of a truck look way too big and front heavy.. I hate seeing trucks that have nothing aftermarket done to it except for this huuuge push bar on the front! Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member

Ben,

Agreed! I have a brush guard in front of my winch on my old Landcruiser. It's there for a purpose but believe me I wouldn't put a roll cage on the front of my truck if someone gave it to me. LOL
  3. benhartholt

benhartholt New Member

yea it's one thing if you actually use it.. but so many trucks have them on for no purpose at all! haha
  4. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Some can look good. It all depends on the look of the truck.
  5. benhartholt

benhartholt New Member

That's true.. I find they very rarely look good though!
  6. ct9a

ct9a New Member

I personally like the ones that are integrated with an aftermarket bumper with a winch. If it serves a purpose, I like it.
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

I have both a push bar and a roll bar, and I love them for lighting purposes. Where else am I supposed to mount my 6 off-road lights at? I do appreciate brutal honesty and I thank you for that, please feel free to make fun of my truck I get it all the time but I enjoy constructive comments. By the way I really do like your truck even though it is lowered, I like the two tone paint job too. Anyways thanks for posting this thread, I can't wait to see any other comments that get posted on here.

BTW: One year someone told me at a truck show that I had the gaudiest truck they had ever seen, and when I watched them go back and get into their truck it was one of those "under construction trucks" Now that to me is UGLY, leave it at home until it is finished LOL! :party:
  8. GaryL

GaryL New Member

I like my grill guard. The truck just looks plain and ordinary without it. Plus it helps protect the front end in case a deer runs out in front of me and gives me a place for my offroad lights.
  9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

That just another one of those personal preference issues, some trucks look good some don't. But this is America, and you have the right to choose, push bar or no push bar, just as you have the right to your opinion.
  10. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member

I hate grille guards and giant bumpers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :rofl:
  11. chance

chance New Member

if its a 2wd or a pavement pounder I agree dont put huge bumps on, now if you have a wheeler, funtion over form!!!!!!!!
  12. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

I like mine.

[​IMG]
  13. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

X2 :rofl:
  14. Mindi51982

Mindi51982 New Member

I LOVE your truck! :great::glasses:
  15. One Bad Chevy

One Bad Chevy New Member

I love my grille Guard. The first time you get into an accident with one on will change your mind about it. But like others have already said, it does depend on the vehicle for looks.
  16. The deer I hit hates mine!:gasp:
  17. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member

I'm waiting for some to come out for mine that are stainless steel.
  18. cascott325

cascott325 New Member

they are very intimidating to almost all drivers who are in front of you, especially those who are in smaller cars. mine was on there when i bought the truck otherwise i would probably have never bought one, but i am glad that it is on there. i live in one of the most heavy populated ares for deer in north america, and am constantly seeing them both dead and alive on the side of the road. i really do think its would be a good thing to have to protect one of your most valuable investments. i do agree though, some vehicles, including trucks, do not need to have them on there, or need to have a different style.
  19. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

i think they can look pretty beefy!
    i want one !

on edit:
    oh yeah . just out of curiosity why make a thread complaing about other trucks??
    keep it to your selve ..

and dont get one..
  20. cascott325

cascott325 New Member

lmao :na:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.