1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone else have a change in MPG?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dadngt, Jul 14, 2012.

1. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Gotta keep a girl's bum warm, hahaha
  2. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hahaha!! Whoever invented the seat warmer, GENIUS!!! My butt always stays warm in the winter months, Start up the "Great Canadian Beauty", and then jump in, with my snow suit and boots, gloves and stuff... Good thing I wear as little as possible under the snow suit, don't want me to overheat now do you?? LOL
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

What jumps to mind, hehehe
  4. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

I did notice the drop from the 18-20 factory range after my exhaust, which I put on for sound & better flow to maybe help the mpg lol. I figured the turndown would kill it though. If I ran the exhaust out the back would that create the back pressure needed? Would rather have it exit out the side in front of the rear tire but straight out the back may not be so bad. Right now I'll enjoy the better mpg I am getting & get to work on an efficent performance engine mod list.
  5. DIGS16

DIGS16 Rockstar 100 Posts

my mpg has gotten worse as the summer drags along :grrrrrr:
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

^^ Same as others are saying. It's winter/summer blends and they are sticking even more ethanol in gas these days, some people are reporting finding upwards of 15% ethanol in their gas (after they test it themselves - so it's not really a scientific set of facts, take it for what you will) when the federal mandate is 10% for most urban areas. All that ethanol WILL cut your MPG down quite a bit, it will cause some corrosion on an older truck's fuel system (newer units and flex-fuel can handle it) ... but that could be a reason.

Don't forget that weather, air temp, how much you haul, tire pressure, clogged fuel injectors and more will all change your fuel economy quite a bit.