1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone else taking a trip?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 19, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

There's nothing quite like getting out on the open road and letting 'er rip.

It's been quite a while since I had a decent road trip. Anyone else planning anything?
  2. JScott

JScott New Member

Upcoming Trip to the Smokey Mountains

My wife and I are headed to Gatlinburg on February 20th for a few days. We are going in my Chevy Colorado.

Scott

=========================
    2005 Chevy Colorado 4 door
    2003 Chevy Trailblazer
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  3. terry0341

terry0341 New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

1st in the Trialblazer

May 31, 2007 headed to the Outerbanks of North Carolina for 11days. staying on the beach in the 4x4 area of Corolla NC.House right on the beach lots of family. It should tell me all I need to know about the 4x4 capability of the Trailblazer. and if I truley can stand the extended family of an extended time!
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Sounds like a fun trip! Wish I could head to the beach this summer.
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mine is not really a Chevrolet vacation but at the end of April, My wife and I are flying to Vegas for 5 days. My buddy (who lives in Washington state near me) is riding his Harley to the Laughlin River run just south of Vegas and then meeting me in Vegas where I am renting a Harley Davidson Fatboy for 2 days so I can ride with him to Lake Havasu, Laughlin, Hoover Dam, etc. We have rooms booked at the Luxor.
  6. abuelito

abuelito New Member

mexico

well getting ready to go to veracruz,mexico,,,,leave brownsville,go to san fernando,go to soto la marina,then on to mante,then on to altimira,and by pass tampico,and then on to orizaba,and then onto naranjos,then onto cerro azule,then onto almo,by pass tuxpan,and then onto pozo rica,by pass pozo rica,take toll road to gutieres,then onto casitas,then unto palma sola,then unto cardel,then toll road to veracruz,,,,good idea to sleep in hotel in orizaba,right on highway,,,,better not drive at night,at altimira there is a by pass for tampico,,,a toll road ,,best not to go into tampico,a lot of traffic,,,,just watch the signs for direction,,,and large pot holes, note,,,dont follow double trailers,to close,,if you do you cant see the roar in front of you and they can straddle the pot holes,and you wont see them till you hit one,,ill leave about the 26 of february and return about the first of may,,,,,abuelito
  7. RichardG

RichardG New Member

West Coast trip

Just returned from 19 day, 2700 mile outing towing a 34', 11,000 lb. travel trailer. Left Salem, OR down I-5 to Valencia, CA RV park next to Magic Mountain. Went to various locations around L.A. for 3 days. Went over to U.S. 395 and went north through Bishop, CA to Carson City, NV. Stayed a week in nearby Dayton, NV. Went over Echo Summit on U.S. 50 through Sacramento, CA to Concord, CA. Came back up I-5 to home near Salem. This was the first trip out for this 1999 Silverado 2500 after retro-fitting an 8.1L V8 and Allison tranny (BTW the 6.0L and 4L80E trans. that came out are still for sale in the for sale thread). Truck lived up to it's expectations except in the MPG category. I averaged 8.5 MPG over the entire trip. Driving conditions didn't seem to matter much. I got the same in town, freeway, mountains, etc. Truck pulled all mountain passes (Grapevine, Siskiyou, Sherman, Conway, Echo) easily in 3rd @ 2600 RPM maintaining 45 MPH @ 1/2 throttle. Cruises effortlessly at 65 MPH on freeway. Only 2 problems on trip; blew a tire on trailer in Stockton, CA and going through Sacramento the nuts securing the exhaust collector pipe to the header flange came off on the pass. side so I arrived in Concord with a lot of noise. Auto parts store, star washers, double nuts, problem solved. Next mod for this truck.........a programmer!
  8. KD7ONE

KD7ONE New Member 100 Posts

My wife and I have not decided if we are going to go to MA to visit my mom or to UT to visit her son.
  9. DutchTBI

DutchTBI New Member

Going to Spain in july, a 1000 miles trip (oneway) , leaving at 2 a.m. hopefully arriving there somewhere around 6 pm. It's a 90% highway trip, maybe i'll get some 4x4 action in Spain.

Route Zoetermeer ( the netherlands, my hometown), Rotterdam, Antwerps(Belgium), Paris (France), Clermont-Ferrand, Perpignan, L' Éstartit (Spain)

Route back home: L'Éstartit (spain), Perpignan (france), Narbonne, Lyon, Dyon, Metz, Luxembourg, Brussels ( Belgium), Antwerps, Rotterdam, Zoetermeer.
  10. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just bought a new motor home and getting the Chevy ready to pull behind it. When that is done, we will be taking a few "shake down" trips: Houston; Galveston; Brownwood. Will be heading for Oregon by end of June. The new motor home has the 8.1 Chevy w/ 6 speed Allison. Should be fun to get back on the road!