1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anyone else with the painted front end?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevymanlobo, Apr 28, 2010.

1. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo New Member

I was just wondering if anyone had a new body style chevy with the black front end? im not sure exactly what it is called. Also i was wondering if i should do chrome accessories such chrome handles and mirror backs and chrome wheels. my near future plans are to do a leveling kit and then do a rancho 4 inch suspension lift with 35s and 20s or 18s. tell me what yall think about it.

Attached Files:

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

You cant have too much chrome. So go for it. The lift kit would look great too. As for your wheels and tires, 35's with 18's would look better than 35's with 20's because the extra sidewall you get with the 18 inch wheels would look better because a little more sidewall gives a truck a more aggressive look.
  3. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo New Member

thanks man and im going to see what i can do on the lift and then eventually do all the chrome. its more $$$ than i thought
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

It always is... And that is a nice looking rig.. and if you replace your rims and tires feel free to ship your stockers my way :lol:. i went with a stock 17in set off of an 07 silverado.. kinda wondering what the 20s would look like...
  5. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo New Member

mine are the z71 18 inch wheels. but when i do ill keep you in mind :lol:
  6. murdog94

Wow they actually look like the 20s from the angle you have... NIce looking rims..
  7. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo New Member

yeah i was looking for some 20s because i have a friend that has some terras that are for 20s and with the leveling kit im getting ill need some bigger tires
  8. murdog94

Nice deal.. Im not really a fan of 20s. But the way the stock chevies look i would consider those.. BUt im happy with my 17s now.. Since if i put 20s on it and dont fix the MN rust then im just polishing a turd.. BUt i dont want to repair the rust since i tend to pick up a few dents from time to time when i go fishing and hunting...
  9. chevyrocker

chevyrocker New Member

i wouldnt put a ton of chrome on it. i have tons of old men near my house that do the door handles, grill trim, etc and it looks dumb as all hell. im painting my grill all black to match. its cleaner n simple
  10. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member

yep i have the same front end as you. i am going all black eventually anyway....