1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone ever do a 4'' body lift in a 2000 chevy silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Outlaw19, Feb 2, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 New Member

I have 2'' of body lift in my 2000 Chevy Silverado. I want to buy more 2'' lift blocks and longer bolts and make it 4''. Can anyone tell me if I can get by with just a steering extension and a gas filler neck. Iv done tons of 3'' body lifts and haven't extended anything except raise the bumpers up. I also know they don't make a 4'' body lift because of safety reasons so no need to tell me that lol. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what problems they came across while doing it.
  2. Boonduff

Boonduff New Member 100 Posts

If you already know it's unsafe why are you still wanting to do it? Why not save a while and buy a suspension lift and do it right the first time. Zone suspension has a 2 inch lift for 150 bucks. It uses new torsion keys and rear blocks.
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No one has done it for a reason..... Also DNW that much frame showing.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

first, as everyone said above, it is not done for a reason. Second, I have installed many 3" body lifts on many different makes and models of vehicles. Everyone I have done has at LEAST come with a steering shaft extension. Also, with many 3" kits you have to modify the fan shroud. Attempting to do a 4" I think you would run into issues with some wire lengths, brake line lengths (because the master cylinder is mounted to the body and most of the lines mount to the frame), if it has a floor shifter for 4x4 you will have to weld an extension on to the shaft for the lever because the stock one is going to be really short.