1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone ever "lifted" their step bars? I want to tuck them up tighter..

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Falcone, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

Well guys I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen an after market side step bracket that would tuck the steps up higher/ closer to the body. I just think it would look alot cleaner and add to the stance of the truck alot.
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like this idea! I kinda like having step bars but in some cases I feel like they take away from trying to make your truck look like its sitting up higher. Ik they make the power ones that can go up and come down when you open the door but they are pricey. I don't know of any brackets off hand but I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to make your own.
  3. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

With the regular tube steps that bolt to the body mounts, there really isn't any way to get them up higher unless you notch the tubes or notch the body. Almost all of them mount within half an inch of the bottom pinch weld on the rocker panel.

I have some on my truck that do mount a little higher, they're the NXT boards by Dee Zee. They mount to the back side of the rocker panel where the factory GM boards mount and have a two piece bracket thats almost C shaped so the board is up higher and tighter to the body. I'll go grab a picture of them and post it.
  4. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Pardon the dirt, been too lazy to wash it since last weekend..

nxt1.jpg nxt2.jpg
  5. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah thats kinda what I'm talking about, my buddies steps on his tundra are maybe an inch away from the rockers and it looks nice and tight and clean. I just hate the big gap , but don't want to loose the protection they offer from smashin up my rockers
  6. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Buy some NFabs or Go Rhinos. They mount to the body and sit nice and close to the cab.