1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone From Michigan?

Discussion in 'MI - Michigan Chevy Truck Club' started by wallstetter, Sep 1, 2008.

1. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

I'm not from Michigan but I have enjoyed the visits I've made to the states. I have some coworkers from Michigan. I'm one of the few Southerners I think that really appreciate hockey and so it's always nice to talk to them about hockey. Plus my Mom is from Indiana so it's nice having someone to talk Big Ten basketball with (around here they just talk SEC and about all the SEC has consistently is Kentucky who I do not like)
  2. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Probably not....I just know what is in between Big Rapids and Grand Rapids...as I am from Grand Rapids.
  3. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

What a great post. I applaud you, Sarge, not many southerners like hockey, or Big Ten basketball! Glad to hear you've had good experiences here...You can't beat a Michigan summer in my opinion!
  4. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

I'm still an Oklahoma fan for football but I did grow up out there. I was introduced to hockey at a pretty early age as we had a minor league hockey team in Tulsa at the time (I'm guessing they're still there). Also a big baseball fan and while I'm a Braves fan, I have a ton of respect for the Tigers. I've always liked Leyland and I'd like to go to a game up there someday. My dad has been to games at Comerica and he said it's one of the nicer ballparks he's been to. I know summers in northern Indiana were generally pleasant for the most part (at least compared to Oklahoma which is way worse than TN), but I wouldn't want to be up there for winter. Granted, we had blizzards back home but not lake effect or as much bitter cold.
  5. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Boomer Sooner - I can understand being a fan of a good program! The Tigers are great...and Comerica is absolutely gorgeous. The summers here are unbelievable - very very very nice and warm weather...and with all of the water - it doesn't get much better.

Winters are no fun - that's all I'll say :)
  6. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

If it works out, I may go up that way during my vacation in early August (depends partially on what someone else's plans are cause her vacation is during that same time). My stepbrother is studying in Windsor and I'd like to go up there and visit him and I still have family in Northern Indiana. I definitely would not want to be up there during the winter though that's for sure.
  7. LeeP

LeeP New Member

Lee, I have 1979 GMC Short Box Fleetside Pickup About 75% Restored. I am Looking for some exterior trim parts. I am a Sales Engineer and live in South East Michigan.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Lee. I am right down the street from you in Lake Orion. I drove thru Ortonville today on my way to Menards
  9. pikefisher

pikefisher New Member

New to site: We are between a rock and a hard place called Allegan takes 30 min. of driving to get any were but the fishing hole, did I say that was a bad thing? Driving 2005 4x4 ext. cab love it.

10. X2

something special about it for sure. The wife and i always find ourselves sitting down on the shore of lake MI until the sun rises just about every night we are there. And if there is a thunderstorm rolling in over the lake...just amazing.

if tomorrow I was told I had to move to another state, northern MI is where I would be.