Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anyone had any luck with K&W Block seal? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by Flashvan, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashvan

Flashvan New Member GMTC Sponsor

I have a 99 3500 Express cargo van 5.7 that needs a head gasket. I really dont feel like pulling the engine apart right now. Has anyone tried using K & W block seal to seal a head gasket? I hear that this is the best one out there. Thanks.

Joe-Flash

2. hunter541

hunter541 New Member

i haven't seen to many head gasket problems in these years how was it diagnosed i seen more valves hang up in these than anything as far as a sealant it only work if there's antifreeze leak if it blown between the cylinders your screwed it needs tore down

3. Flashvan

Flashvan New Member GMTC Sponsor

Hi,

I have coolant in my oil (milky), white smoke when cold, but it never overheated. I did notice some coolant coming from the rear of the engine between the head and block on the drivers side. Many people tell me that its usually the intake that leaks on the 350's. Truck has 169k miles on it. I have been adding anitfreeze for a month now. I have always checked the oil and it appeared fine until the other morning. I immediately pulled the van out of service and put my 05 in service. I started to take the engine apart but decided to try the block seal first. If that does not work, then I will tear it down and do it right.

Joe Flash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.