1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone has a 2014 silverado/sierra with aftermarket parts?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Danthaman, Jan 4, 2014.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Danthaman

Danthaman New Member

Please post what you have and done to your new truck. Lifts, wheels and tires, exhaust, cai, programmer or whatever it may be. I wanna see pictures.
    Megasaurus likes this.
  2. badazz2013

badazz2013 New Member

nothing yet, I am deployed so I wont be able to do anything until I get back. I am looking at putting on a leveling kit, a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, maybe a duel exhaust (I have the variable transmission so I am debating on the exhaust option). what are you thinking about doing to yours?
  3. Danthaman

Danthaman New Member

Lift, wheels and tires, HID lights and LED lights, system, paint, Lt headers, exhaust, cai, and cam.
  4. redvett

redvett Member

2014LD has so many changes that Programmers will be later in the year in availability.
  5. jworm

jworm New Member

i just got mine, wednesday. But i already have my intake on order AFE magnum force cold air intake kit. says it provides up to 50HP, I'm guessing 25hp installed. Im assuming that 50, you would need to put it on a dyne to squeeze out all 50.
  6. redvett

redvett Member

BUT the OEM air intake system is a cold air system designed for more than 6.0L. You just spent money on nothing.

7. jworm

jworm New Member

clarify please…???

- - - Updated - - -

I get it, i get it…… so even adding a performance filter won't help any???? If i should what kind??? Im thinking KN … And i cancelled my order so i dent waste money. Thank you for pointing that out.
  8. redvett

redvett Member

Will make more noise but performance very little if any. The manufacturers have done just about everthing to get best performance and mileage out of vehicles today. There have been test done that back this up.
  9. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

Now that the 2015s are about to come out for the 1500 silverado what does the aftermarket community look like?
  10. ssenier

ssenier New Member

Jworm. Take a 0 off your specs for the cold air intake and that should give you actual gains. To get get true potential out of CAI you'll need to do exhaust and tuning and even then gains are minimal....But don't worry, I waist my $$ on the same stuff...It's fun and makes it yours.