1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone have a Droid X on Verizon?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm thinking of getting the Droid X on Verizon. Ideas? Anyone have one?
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have the original Droid on Verizon. I love my phone. And the service with Verizon can't be beat.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My work issued me a Droid 2 about 3 weeks ago, still learning how to use it but so far I like it.
    I have found a few places where my old Verizon phone and my personnal AT&T phone get better connections.
    The wife likes it enough that were thinking about switching from AT&T after 10 years of service to Verizon so we can get her a Droid 2.
  4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the Droid X..... I love it and the Verizon Service has been pretty good also.

You can get an App called PDAnet that allows you to connect your droid to a lap top and use the droid as a modem in a pinch if your in need of internet.

The cost of the app I beleive was $20 but its a one time charge where Verizon will charge you that monthly for their "HotSpots". With PDaNet there is also no limit on bandwidth you use.
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I use the PDAnet app all the time. They have a free version, but it limits the usage a lot. Upgrade to the full version. I think I paid $15 for it and it is the best money I have spent because verizon will charge you a crazy amount for something you already pay for and that is unlimited internet.
  6. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the original Droid (the one with the keyboard), and absolutely love it.
    There's a lot of freedom with Android.. they are easy to root (Similar to "Jail breaking an iPhone") so you can have apps like wireless tether (to connect your laptop/devices and get wi-fi anywhere for no additional charge), and if there's something you don't like about the phone (in the way it works), more than likely there's an app to fix/change it.

Personally, with all the new 4G phones coming out, I'd wait and get the "Motorola Bionic" that's suppose to come out in April/May. That's suppose to be one hell of a phone.. dual core processor, and 4G internet speeds. If you can't wait, get the HTC Thunderbolt.. it's got 4G as well and it's out now..