Anyone have a Droid X on Verizon?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm thinking of getting the Droid X on Verizon. Ideas? Anyone have one?

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have the original Droid on Verizon. I love my phone. And the service with Verizon can't be beat.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My work issued me a Droid 2 about 3 weeks ago, still learning how to use it but so far I like it.
    I have found a few places where my old Verizon phone and my personnal AT&T phone get better connections.
    The wife likes it enough that were thinking about switching from AT&T after 10 years of service to Verizon so we can get her a Droid 2.

4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the Droid X..... I love it and the Verizon Service has been pretty good also.

You can get an App called PDAnet that allows you to connect your droid to a lap top and use the droid as a modem in a pinch if your in need of internet.

The cost of the app I beleive was $20 but its a one time charge where Verizon will charge you that monthly for their "HotSpots". With PDaNet there is also no limit on bandwidth you use.

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I use the PDAnet app all the time. They have a free version, but it limits the usage a lot. Upgrade to the full version. I think I paid $15 for it and it is the best money I have spent because verizon will charge you a crazy amount for something you already pay for and that is unlimited internet.

6. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the original Droid (the one with the keyboard), and absolutely love it.
    There's a lot of freedom with Android.. they are easy to root (Similar to "Jail breaking an iPhone") so you can have apps like wireless tether (to connect your laptop/devices and get wi-fi anywhere for no additional charge), and if there's something you don't like about the phone (in the way it works), more than likely there's an app to fix/change it.

Personally, with all the new 4G phones coming out, I'd wait and get the "Motorola Bionic" that's suppose to come out in April/May. That's suppose to be one hell of a phone.. dual core processor, and 4G internet speeds. If you can't wait, get the HTC Thunderbolt.. it's got 4G as well and it's out now..