1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anyone have any before & after pics with just a 3" body lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by DSpivey, May 7, 2010.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

I want a little lift, but I cant afford a suspension lift anytime soon. Im drivin an 04' silverado, anybody have before & after pictures of one around that year model with a 3" body lift?
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

Ive got a 3 inch body lift from Trailmaster but my trucks a different body style and i dont have any before pictures but feel free to check it out in my album tho.
  3. Budweiser143

Budweiser143 New Member

Mine is an '04 1500 Ext cab. The 1st pic is with BFG A/T 265/70R17. The second is with the 3" Body lift, T-bars cranked a little, some minor trimming on the front bumper and 305/65R17 Pro Comp Extreme A/T

a2.jpg

a.jpg
  4. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

budweiser143, did it ride any rougher after you put the body lift on?
  5. Budweiser143

Budweiser143 New Member

It definitely rides rougher, but I would attribute that to either imbalanced tires or cranking the T-bars. I could be wrong, but I don't see how lifting the body off the frame would make it ride rougher. If that is the case though, maybe getting some poly bushing would help?
  6. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

yea i got ya.....ok I was just wondering, I had a coach who said that getting a body lift made his ride rougher, I was just curious.
  7. ridnrimz

ridnrimz New Member

A body lift shouldnt' change the ride quality at all. The only thing that would change that would be a torsion bar crank to level it out a little... I say go for it!
  8. coreyallen11

coreyallen11 New Member

X2

i agree 200% mainly cuz i got the same truck and wanna do the same thing
  9. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado New Member

body lifts are a pretty cheap but you will most of the time get 3" of lift. you can get about 2-3" of lift from a nice leveling kit. Leveling kits are pretty cheap though as well. and much easier to instal.

RCX leveling kit (includes:4 shocks, new front keys, rear 3" blocks and hardware) through me $165
    Body lift by performance Accessories: 2" $373, 3" $385

IMO a leveling kit is much easier to instal

The leveling kit will allow 33s with no problem
  10. coreyallen11

coreyallen11 New Member

Would like to

i would like to do a leveling kit but kinda did that already and dont want to go to suspension lift just yet b.c of money and would you be able to get me a 3" body lift cheaper??