Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anyone have CG® - Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 2011laserblue, Nov 18, 2012.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thinking about getting a set for my truck...
    I have recon cab lights and I'm also thinking about getting the LED taillights, but I just didn't want to spend 500 bucks and personally I like the looks of these ones better. Any thoughts? I currently have the xenon replacement bulbs from recon for my high and low beams...product description says plug and play so can I just use my current headlights?

Thanks in advance!

2. jmo18

jmo18 New Member

CG CCFL Projector Headlights

This might be coming a little late but hopefully it will help.

I've also been looking at the exact same headlights you are looking at and ill probably be ordering them this week. As for the price you can find them a lot cheaper then 500. I found them for about $283 on newegg.com but if you like a specific website to order from, most places will usually do a price match. As for the bulbs. The research I have done says "plug in and play" just like you said but that is with the original bulbs and you said you replaced those with xenon bulbs so you might have to do a little more research to see if they will fit correctly.

Hope this helps

3. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

I went with some halo off ebay. They cost me like 150 and I hate them they are cheap and a money pit. All I can say is don't go cheap with these. I've spent 500 on mine and still they don't work right. Here they are. 2013-01-11 21.29.06.jpg

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What do you not like about them?

5. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

Mine just took to much money. I can't see the halos during the day and during the night you gotta have your headlights on so the halos service almost no purpose. I've seen good ones but mine are just ****.

6. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I just installed the recon lights on my truck... I still have to finish adjusting the beams but they are significantly brighter than the stocks.

7. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses! Since this post I have decided to just keep my stock lights and spend my money elsewhere. I'm not convinced the look would have been right for me anyway.

I hope this thread comes in handy for others!

8. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

If you want to go brighter I suggest just putting hid in the stock housing.