Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anyone have Guidepoint VIP installed in their vehicle?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by elittle, Jun 14, 2012.

1. elittle

elittle Member

The dealer tried to get me to get a system like LoJack called Guidepoint VIP. It's satellite based and is supposed to be way better than LoJack. You can also use your computer or phone to track your vehicle or find it in a parking lot, and can track your vehicle in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.

Has anyone here had it installed? I'm wondering if anyone has had to use it to get their truck recovered or how well the computer or phone software works to track the vehicle in real time. The unit is like $800 so it's not cheap, but might be nice to have if the truck was stolen.

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

i could have sworn that my 'Rado came with something like that factory installed... there's even a button on my mirror for it i believe.

lol... sounds like a ripoff add-on to me.

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I would like to see more info before I would buy. Onstar seems fairly standard. But the annual dues can get pricey

4. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy Rockstar 100 Posts

yep U got that right

5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Onstar is akin to "bait and switch" tactics. For the cost of the truck maybe Chev could give you 36 months.