1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone into Circle Track Racing?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Rocketmanh5, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

I did a search and looked around and could not find anything on this topic. I was curious if there were any others who enjoyed it or participate in racing on the forums. I don't brag on winning so none of that is included as that has never been my thing. But points champions I was excited about!! With my dad setting the cars up, and my motor builder being the best guy ever, it was a winning combination.

Little about me;started racing dirt circle track when I was 12 years old in the Limited Modified class (imca sport mods) in the Young Guns division.
    Moved up after 2 years to the adult class since most tracks didn't have our class. Stayed in Limiteds for 2 more seasons until a concrete track opened in our area and that took off fast.
    Moved to the Modified division along with the Limited division when at concrete track and loved it until car count fell off since most of the racing was the same every weekend with the same winners in each division. Thanks to my dad and him setting up the car I finished 2nd in Mod and Limited points in 2008 and in 2009 concentrated on modifieds and was Modified Points champion.
    2010 concrete track had maybe 5 cars in each division so back to dirt we went.
    2011 sick and surgery along with awesome ER visit after two weeks out...
    2012 catching back up on school missed due to illness and such.
    and 2013 make up for all money spent due to part time jobs and catching up on school BUT car is ready for 2014!!!

Anyone else who circle track races please join in! I'd like to know all who is on here!

01-25-2013073_zpse3d10458.jpg 01-25-2013098_zpsf5a4b209.jpg 01-25-2013070_zps6fd1e132.jpg This is how the car will look for 2014 season. It's only a limited mod no more modified stuff around this area all Late Models and Limited Modifieds. And yes that is flat black sheet metal, turned out awesome on this car!
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Got a few friends into it.. It's big on the NE area Ever hear of Lesco Racing?
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Are we talking asphalt or dirt?
  4. Rocketmanh5

Not to my knowledge I haven't. What is it.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess both since it's one in the same.
  5. BurbanMan

i have no experience with asphalt, but I've had my fun in the dirt with a street stock
  6. Rocketmanh5

You didn't really miss a whole lot on concrete or asphalt. It was fun but no where near what dirt is. Did you travel any?
  7. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

wish I had the money for modified's. I loved AutoX when I did that.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hey if there's no Dirt in your Beer It's Not Racing...... :glasses:
  9. BurbanMan

Mainly Tulsa and Muskogee Oklahoma

Dang right!
  10. Rocketmanh5