1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone know if Chevrolet makes a new RWD car?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Flashvan, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Flashvan

Flashvan New Member GMTC Sponsor

HI All,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Chevrolet still made a full sized RWD sedan. Besides trucks and Corvettes?

Joe Flash
  2. Stargazer

Stargazer New Member

3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

no they dont and dont ever expect to see another one again, even though there have been talks, with the eceonmy and the CAFE standards they just cant afford to take the risk of another RWD sedan, unless you live in the middle east, out there they still have a Lumina but it is a rebadged Pontiac G8
  4. Zamo_8995

Zamo_8995 New Member

Going along with the middle east area but they do have the Caprice still... I think. I'm not even sure if they were RWD though so correct me if I am wrong.
  5. plumber_rob

plumber_rob New Member

Wasn't the GTO RWD. Do they still make them?:neutral:
  6. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 New Member

yea the new gto is but thats a pontiac. the only vehicle i know coming out that will be rwd is the new camaro if it does come out.
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Yeah the Camaro's coming out in early 2010, but your not going to like this part. At it's unveiling it will only be available in a V-6 version (BOO!), I was really hoping that the rumors of dropping that fat 7.0 with the magna charger were going to be true. The way I look at it is, if you want gas mileage go buy a Cobalt, or Malibu or even an Impala! There are still some die hard Chevy racing fans out there like myself, that don't give a damn about the gas prices and want a REAL competitor to the Dodge Challenger! I will wait until they finally get their head out of their ass, and make a good example that American Muscle still lives on! USA, USA!!!!:fighting0040:
  8. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 New Member

once the economy gets better they will put the big boy in there. problem is they have a percentage on how many vehicles get a certain gas mileage and above of there total amount sold.
  9. plumber_rob

plumber_rob New Member

That's right. For some reason I was thinking just GM but you said Chevrolet. Duh.:oops:
  10. Flashvan

Flashvan New Member GMTC Sponsor

I just dont understand why Chevy did not keep a few RWD cars. Ford still has the Crown Vic and the Police depts seem to favor the RWD cars. I dont think the FWD cars can take the beating (for a service vehicle) like RWD. The local county Sheriffs dept went to Impalas but are now switching back to the Crown Vics because of transmission problems. My friend has an 07 Impala SS with the V8 engine. I think its a nice car but better hold onto that steering wheel on hard take off or you can lose control.

Joe Flash