1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anyone know where I can get a cheap boat trailer?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Jan 17, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There's a guy in town giving away a nice hull 16.5' fishing boat. It's fiberglass, looks in good shape, but the i/o system was removed and there is no trailer.

I can attach an outboard for now and go out and do some fishing this year, that's fine. But the boat's too heavy to move very far without a trailer. Any thoughts?

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If this boat is an I/O with the outdrive removed you'll have a rather large hole in the stern where there used to be an outdrive, simply attaching an engine to the stern of this is not a good idea.
    I/O style boats are built different than non I/O boats the stern plates on non I/O boats are braced and strengthened to support the motor, while on an I/O style the outdrive is part of the bracing, the gimble acts as a support. You might want to rethink this one before somebodies forced to go down with the ship.
    You cant find a cheap fishing boat on CL?