Anyone own a 2002 4.8 4x4?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Wet Willie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Wet Willie

Wet Willie New Member

Hello again. I found a nice deal on a 2002 Silverado 4X4 with auto trans and a 4.8 liter engine. I'd sure like to know what kind of mpg I can expect from this setup before I sign on the dotted line. Can anyone out there help me? Personally, I'd prefer a 2WD but this one sure is nice.
    Thanks ALOT in advance.
    Wet Willie
  2. 64C10

64C10 New Member

i have 2002 x-cab 4x4 with 4.8. nice motor and all but i'm getting about 13 to 14 in town and about 18 high way. i have found that some brands are better than others.:neutral:
    i have been happy with truck.
  3. Wet Willie

Wet Willie New Member

In a sense, thats EXACTLY the kind of response I was looking for. Of course, I was hoping to hear that the mileage was alot better but...oh well. Looks like I'll keep looking for a similar pkg with 2WD. That is unless someone with a 4.8 in a 2WD Silverado posts with unimpressive fuel mileage. No doubt, I've been spoiled by the consistent 20MPG my 4.3 2WD Silverado has been delivering.
    Thanks ALOT!
  4. craigc90

craigc90 New Member

i got a 02 sierra 4.8 4x4 reg cab short bed. its got cold air intake exhaust and a chip. i got it programed so wel the thing screams and it gets on average 16-17 mpg with my heavy foot unlike my das 6.0 gets 10.5 even when your ***** footin it.