1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone own a wrecking yard? Looking for discontinued Suburban seat latch.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by estrom, Nov 1, 2013.

1. estrom

estrom Member 1 Year

Does anyone own a wrecking yard?? I have a '96 suburban and need the latch on the back of the 2nd row seat that holds up the drop down floor board. Color is grey. I called a dealer and they said the part was discontinued and I'll need to locate one from a yard, so this is a shot in the dark! Thanks!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What city and state are you in?
  3. estrom

estrom Member 1 Year

Santa Rosa, CA.
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good luck on that one. If it's the part I'm thinking of, they have been broken on every vehicle I can recall in the local yards. You will most certainly have to settle for a non-matching color.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Try eBay or one of the big dealers in your area and ask them to see if they can locate it for you. The bigger dealers can snoop around and check with the smaller dealers around the Country to see if one exists in the back of a warehouse somewhere. Be prepared to ask and then check back in a few days later ... Also this will be low priority to them so be patient.
  7. ChevyFan

I should note that snooping is software based ... not like they're going to call around to 4500 dealers around the Country.
  8. estrom

estrom Member 1 Year

Thanks for the suggestions. I stopped in at a local pick-n-pull on my way home Friday afternoon & was lucky enough that they had just brought a wrecked suburban in. Same color interior, and it had the latch and a couple of other incidental items I needed. Score!
  9. ChevyFan

That's awesome. Can I ask what they wanted for it?
  10. estrom

estrom Member 1 Year

I only needed the "receiver" piece on the back of the 2nd row seat, but I also took the piece from the floor board extension just to have as a backup. I also got the plastic cover that covers the lever by the floor allowing the back of the 2nd row seat to fold forward (ours got stepped on & broke). Took both sun visor clips (need 1, 1 as a spare) and the vent that's on the right side of the glove box (ours wouldn't slide side-to-side). Got it all for $15.

Just the visor clips alone were going to cost me $15/pair on ebay.