Anyone painted the Plastic Pieces inside the Silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey everyone i got the idea of painting my silver pieces in my truck from a guy's truck online so i decided to do the same today. The pieces are on the steering wheel along with the door lock pads the glove box and the grab handle by the doors. I started with the grab handle the piece just popped out and both pieces took me less than 10 min to sand with 320 grit! I started painting them and will post pic's in a hour or too when they dry. Everyone let me know what yall think!

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There are a couple of parts I am considering painting down the road... right now I am working on repainting my mirrors. Next is the the lower valance and the chrome part on the front of the hood and chrome surround on the grill. I am going to paint them the color of the truck.

I think you have the "bug"!

3. Rockstarrchevy81

Here is a pic of the grab handles that i painted today. 11-11-11_1323.jpg

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Well so far this week i have painted my XM Fin,Tow mirror turn signals,third brake light smoked and inside plastic pieces and being painted gloss black but not done just yet! I will be installing the recon cab roof lights that are smoked in a week or so and will post pics. Oh and that rbp replica grille i will be ordering and should look sick and maybe allot of people will change there mind about getting one!

5. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

good job I plan on doing some painting on mine soon as I get back

6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I know that somewhere on here, someone hydra-dipped (think that's what it's called) their gauge cluster trim or something like that. I have wanted to paint my trim pieces as well. I like the job you did on your grab handles Rockstarrchevy81. Keep us posted!

7. suzukiracer

suzukiracer Rockstar

One thing I absolutely hate about chevy plastics is the deep texture ... I did a few pieces on the inside of my truck and I sanded all the texture with a DA sander and used bully dog as an adhesive and damn they came out like glass

8. suzukiracer

suzukiracer Rockstar

Here's some pics so you guys can see

image-725534946.jpg

image-3319092001.jpg

9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Bully Dog is the best adhesion promoter on the market, I have been using it for years and absolutely love it! That stuff sure stinks though don't it lol, better not shoot it without a good resperator that's for sure. SuzukiRacer parts are looking great! Did you use automotive clear on those, It sure looks like it!!

10. suzukiracer

suzukiracer Rockstar

Oh i did lol I caked on the clear so you can feel the chrome sticker that I put on there