Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anyone painted the Plastic Pieces inside the Silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey everyone i got the idea of painting my silver pieces in my truck from a guy's truck online so i decided to do the same today. The pieces are on the steering wheel along with the door lock pads the glove box and the grab handle by the doors. I started with the grab handle the piece just popped out and both pieces took me less than 10 min to sand with 320 grit! I started painting them and will post pic's in a hour or too when they dry. Everyone let me know what yall think!

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There are a couple of parts I am considering painting down the road... right now I am working on repainting my mirrors. Next is the the lower valance and the chrome part on the front of the hood and chrome surround on the grill. I am going to paint them the color of the truck.

I think you have the "bug"!

3. Rockstarrchevy81

Here is a pic of the grab handles that i painted today. 11-11-11_1323.jpg

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Well so far this week i have painted my XM Fin,Tow mirror turn signals,third brake light smoked and inside plastic pieces and being painted gloss black but not done just yet! I will be installing the recon cab roof lights that are smoked in a week or so and will post pics. Oh and that rbp replica grille i will be ordering and should look sick and maybe allot of people will change there mind about getting one!

5. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

good job I plan on doing some painting on mine soon as I get back

6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I know that somewhere on here, someone hydra-dipped (think that's what it's called) their gauge cluster trim or something like that. I have wanted to paint my trim pieces as well. I like the job you did on your grab handles Rockstarrchevy81. Keep us posted!

7. suzukiracer

suzukiracer Member

One thing I absolutely hate about chevy plastics is the deep texture ... I did a few pieces on the inside of my truck and I sanded all the texture with a DA sander and used bully dog as an adhesive and damn they came out like glass

8. suzukiracer

suzukiracer Member

Here's some pics so you guys can see

image-725534946.jpg

image-3319092001.jpg

9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Bully Dog is the best adhesion promoter on the market, I have been using it for years and absolutely love it! That stuff sure stinks though don't it lol, better not shoot it without a good resperator that's for sure. SuzukiRacer parts are looking great! Did you use automotive clear on those, It sure looks like it!!

10. suzukiracer

suzukiracer Member

Oh i did lol I caked on the clear so you can feel the chrome sticker that I put on there