1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone painted the Plastic Pieces inside the Silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

That looks awesome. I'm toying with a million ideas of what to do on the interior to liven it up. I guess the best way to get experience painting the parts is to just jump in and do it. When I get back to my truck I'll have to spend some time toying with it.
  2. Clint16

Clint16 New Member

Once you paint the interior you will notice its just sets the truck right off having all the colour matched accents, i think its totally worth it! heres some pics of mine!

Attached Files:

3. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member 1000 Posts

If you are going to paint your plastics, make sure you clean them super good. Wear rubber glove when handling cleaned parts, the oils from your hand can make the paint fisheye and look like crap.

Also use some kind of adhesion promoter. I've been using Bulldog for awhile now and have had good luck with it.
    http://www.wmbarr.com/product.aspx?catid=1&prodid=56
  4. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

You've secured it. I was thinking of painting my grey pieces gloss black to match the exterior and now that I've seen a little, I want to do it. Now to find the time.
  5. Clint16

Clint16 New Member

Can you pick this up at a department store? or do you have to order it online? Thanks
  6. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member 1000 Posts

Most any parts store that sell paint supplies should carry it or a equal product. WalMart used to carry it here, don't know if they still do. I get mine from a small town parts store now.
  7. Clint16

Clint16 New Member

Alright sweet deal thanks!