Anyone purchase from GM PartsDirect.com?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Jul 31, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

? Good/Bad/ Ugly.... they have the best price on a new lamp case that I need. I did not see many reviews about the site.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have purchased from them twice. My brother purchased from them one time. I have to say that the way they pack stuff to ship is horrible. I ordered the rear control arms for a 2003 yukon xl, they put 40 pounds of parts in a box with a piece of paper separating them. Needless to say the parts where slightly damaged when I got them. They were hanging out of the box. My brother ordered the switch and dash panel for his silverado so he would have the DIC. They put it in a huge box, again with one piece of paper. The switch scratched the dash panel in transit. The customer service stinks also. You can not call them. They only take emails. It took more than a week for them to respond to my brothers compliant about the scratched panel. Then they wanted him to pay to ship it back so they could inspect it. Their processing and handling fees are pretty high also. I really only saved about $20 by ordering thru them. There is a sponsor one this site GMpartsclub. Their prices seem to be inline with gmpart directs. I use the gmpartdirect site for the diagrams to find the part I need, then order it from someone else. It could have just been coincidence that my brother and I both had bad experiences with them, but I will only order from them again if I absolutely have to. Check out monsterautoparts.com for your lamp case, they are pretty reasonable for that kind of thing.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have ordered some things.. It's a dealer in Oh If I remember right When I had a problem I called the dealership and they CAN NOT hook you into them.. Same Co but no contact. But they do have a Very low price..

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that they are in Greensboro or Salem, NC so maybe they will not kill you on shipping

5. PantheraUncia

Well if they are in Winston Salem or Greensboro NC, I am in NC and I would drive there to pick it up if they don't know how to ship stuff. Still be cheaper than the $82.36 all the dealerships in the Raleigh area are charging for it. I will have to find out where they really are out of.

6. PantheraUncia

Interesting stuff....

Am I ordering directly from GM? Or are you a GM dealer?
    We are a GM dealer and a division of Flow Automotive.

Flow Automotive's website is:

http://www.flowauto.com/

It looks like they are a massive dealer for many brands. I think its time to pay them a visit this weekend. I might call them first and see what their parts department charges for the part I need and then ask them about this rogue website they own.