1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone run beadlocks?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ShadowRejects, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member 100 Posts

just curious if anyone on here runs some beadlocks. ive been keeping my eye out for some, even though i have no money for some, id love to purchase some in the future.
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

Beadlocks are not legal for street use, period. There are several brands and styles of simulated beadlock wheels available however. But then the question would be, why pose?
  3. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member 100 Posts

Beadlocks are legal if they are DOT approved. and I never said i was only using them for looks, i accually WOULD use them in mudy and snowy driving. Having the ability to air down low is a good thing especially off road.

https://www.google.com/#q=DOT appro....,cf.osb&fp=c0735a05b96c5bb7&biw=1772&bih=955
    some 'locks shown here are DOT approved
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  4. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

I never said you were a poser. I implied that FAKE beadlocks are for posers.

The DOT beadlocks seem like they will work for you. Just make sure you can run with full highway air pressure when you need it.

Those DOT beadlocks are an entirely different animal. They do not use an exterior locking ring, there is some sort of an interior ring that pushes the tire bead out against the rim.
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I guess me and about 50 thousand other people out there are posers now :( dang
  6. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

Still, I said nothing about anybody being a poser.:sarcastic:

However, I intended to imply that the product was marketed for posers, and I personally will keep them catagorized along with non-functional hood scoops, stick-on hood pins, whole vehicle vinyl body decals, wheel spinner hub caps, bullet hole decals, plastic simulated billet gas filler doors, rifle on a gun rack window decals, and those half baseball in the glass stick-on thingies.

You will have to decide for yourself why you (and 50,000 others?) bought them.

Now, curb feelers, on the other hand, are fully functional items, but I would not reccomend a set on a lifted truck.:rofl:
  7. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So basically everybody else in the world is wrong and you are right. That seems about right. I guess that makes all the kids out there shooting toy guns posers to because they aren't actually shooting the "real thing".

I don't see how wheels resembling beadlocks and chrome gas caps are in the same category but whatever man.

The real question to ask is why troll?
  8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Vinyl body wraps are amazing, My brothers got a matte black one his ranger rover, he says when he grows up he can take it off and have a shinny black range, he 25 bout time to grow up I think. Also got one on my Malibu 23lsv and it looks sick. Sorry I saw that in the rant up there and could leave it alone
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I used to be a poser but I've since changed my ways.
    I used a set of bead locks on my trail truck for a couple years but quit using them after bending the rims a couple times, with bead locks after you bend the rim it's a lot harder to do a trail repair and get the rim straight enough to use it again.
    I just got a little better at ratchet strapping my tires to get the bead back on and I dont run the pressure as low.
  10. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

The name of the catagory is FAKE, OK, FAKE.

Squuuueeeeeze me? trolling? Whatever back on you, dude.

I stated that I have an opinion. I get the drift that you don't like it. I don't care.