1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anyone running 285/65/18 terra grapplers?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by dwalsberg, Mar 16, 2010.

1. dwalsberg

dwalsberg New Member

Wondering if there would be any rubbing with 285/65/18 terra grapplers on an 08 Silverado Z71

2. CHEVELLEBOY

CHEVELLEBOY New Member

I have 285/65/18 Continental Cross Contacts on after market 18x9 rims with no rubbing at all. The tread isnt as aggressive as terra grapplers, but I dont think it will be a problem.

3. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

I have an 03 Sierra and im running 285/65/18 Terra grapplers. My wheels are 18x10 -16 Offset and i had a little rubbing but not to bad. You should be fine.

[​IMG]

4. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

i have an 09 2wd with a 2" leveling kit and i am running 285/70/17 which is 11.2" wide by 32.7" tall... 285/65/18's are 11.2" wide by 32.58" tall... your truck is also sitting higher than mine so you should be good i say

5. dwalsberg

dwalsberg New Member

Ajfdirtrider do you have any more pics of your truck / tires? I'd like to see front and rear pics, thanks.

6. dwalsberg

dwalsberg New Member

anyone else with pics of terra grapplers?

7. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

Yeah here are some more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

im running 325/60R18 nitto terra grapplers. they are 33x13 and i only have a leveling kit. i was going to go 285/65R18 but i said f*ck it and chose to risk trimming because i love the look of wider tires. i ended up only having to beat back the metal at the rear of the front inner fender and tie back the plastic with a zip tie. was worth it in my opinion. heres my truck ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

They should fit just fine...

10. darthz7109

darthz7109 New Member

just a level kit and 325`s i agree wider look was worried about 305`s with just a level kit . think u just made my choice easy. thanks. sweet rig.