1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anyone running 33" tires on a 2" leveled NNBS non Z71???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 305Chev1500, Aug 24, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 305Chev1500

305Chev1500 New Member

experience any clearence issues?
  2. tyler87

tyler87 New Member Platinum Contributor

I'm running 33x12.5's with a 2.5" leveling kit with the z71 and i was rubbing at full lock both ways, but a narrower tire would help in my case.... not sure how much of a difference between models tho....
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I ran the ReadyLift 2.25" and Nitto 295/70R17 (33.4x11.65) on stock wheels and it rubbed on the plastic fendors and sway bar.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you don't want any rubbing then you need a narrow 32"-33" tire like a 285/70.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I ran a 285/17/70 with a 2 1/4" leveling kit and they did not rub at all. However, I do have a Z71 but I don't think there is really a difference in height between a 4wd non Z71 and Z71.
  6. 305Chev1500

305Chev1500 New Member

there is about a 1-1.5" hight difference between the Z71 and Non Z71. Buddy at work has a stock z71 and i parked next to him today and eye-balled it. 33" would be ideal for me, but what is necessary is a 10" wide rim, so i'm looking for a 295 or at the narrowist a 285. cutting the fender well plastic is commonplace but I've never heard about the sway bar...that would suck.

basically, I'm screwed...i'll need the 3" lift. blah
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Interesting about the height difference. It could be because of the shocks, as the Z71 package has slighty better performing shocks. If you are going to be spending money on new tires, you may want to ask the shop you are purchasing from to try on the larger size first and check. The place I purchased my tires from did...and yes, the first ones I tried did rub so we went one size down. If you want to be absolutely sure and get the biggest tire you can, I suggest going that route, as each truck, even though we may be the same year, have the same options/mods, etc., could still be different in measurments in the suspension arena.
  8. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

With that much of a height difference I would guess your buddy is Rollin on 245/70r17 and you have 265's. Stock tire size makes a big difference and like Mike said, the Z71 shocks are a little better so might give more hight.

As I said before my 295's rubbed the sway bar and the upper control arm with just a level kit. And go ahead and do yourself a favor and DON'T look at the Rpugh Country 3" kit.
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah a NON Z71 you would be hitting metal instead of just plastic and at a very slight turn you would rub it would be pointless. I would go with maybe a 32 in a descent width and first i would check at the tire place before i bought them if they rubbed or not!
  10. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

Guys, there is absolutely zero height difference in these trucks. 2wd/4wd...it doesn't matter. The gas shocks and cool stickers on the Z71 don't make it any higher. :rules: