Anyone shoot any deer this 2012 season

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by the phantom, Dec 3, 2012.

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Just checking to see if anyone shot any deer this year. I haven't gotten lucky myself this year yet with only one weekend left here in NY but a buddy of mine got nice one.
    1118121545a.jpg

2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

That is a nice one, i know i dont really hunt dear, but i do hunt pheasant, and i have gotten one so far this year. Meaning a pheasant.

3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

cool deer..not a hunter here.....guys around us (SouthEastern Ontario Canada) not
    getting much though.Brian

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't hunt, I just do not have time to. My friend got an 14 point on opening day. Then he got 4 doe. Apparently, there are so many deer in Michigan this year that they are letting you get a new doe permit every day!

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sadly, I haven't perfected the art of being in two places at once, so I don't hunt because it'd mean less time wrenching ... and I have enough projects for the truck to carry me well into spring/summer. I'm making good use of these 70F December days while I still have them!

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I got a few yearlings at the beginning of the season other than that I haven't seen much. I was out with my bow and had a decent looking buck just out of my range and I couldn't get around him and down wind quick enough. That's a good looking one up top

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

my dad got a small spike buck with a muzzleloader. i didnt go due to time issues. might do some small game later this month tho.

Alex