Anyone survive an accident in a Trailblazer / Envoy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ChevyFan, Mar 28, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I was almost hit by a nutcase in a speeding mustang the other day. Would have been t-boned by them. NOW, I'm certain that the TB would have handled the impact a lot better than the low-to-the-ground mustang, but still. I'm glad that I'm no longer driving around in a small little car. I'm up and can look around and can probably survive a lot that I wouldn't in a smaller vehicle.

Anyone been an a wreck with a Trailblazer or an Envoy?

2. russell

russell New Member

I was on the freeway in my 04 Envoy when a semi came across in my lane and slammed on his brakes because he was passing up his exit and did not want to miss it. We were doing 65 mph when this happened. I had to lock up the brakes and manuever out of the way, and let me say the Envoy handled incredibly well with the best anti-lock brake feel of any vehicle I have ever owned. :!:

3. ChevyFan

A collision with a semi is one that I would definately want to avoid at all costs! :-o

4. Headhunter

Headhunter New Member

I did!

Well, it was just a small one.....Driving down a snowy road, started to apply the brakes due to the stop sign coming up. My TB went side ways, through a mailbox, into some lady's yard and ended up in a drainage ditch facing the other way.

Several people stopped and asked if they could help or if I needed a cell phone. When I said I was fine, they tried to move on and almost slid into me since they couldn't get any traction. I didn't need help as I just hit my OnStar button and they dispatched the tow truck and the local police.

The TB was rock solid!! Just needed a tow truck to pull me out of the drainage ditch. Only damage was a little dent in the hood from hiting the mailbox, the plastic under the bumper was broken and my TB decided that it wanted to keep some of the lady's lawn as a momento.

I was very impressed at how the TB handled this! It sold me!

5. ChevyFan

Stopping on ice

Everyone has problems stopping on ice and snow. I used to have a Jeep CJ-5, ok that did pretty well on the ice and snow, especially with my knobby BFG's on it.

Glad to hear that you (or your TB wasn't hurt). Onstar is def. a great service. I don't have it in my TB, but I got a loaner Envoy when they did the recall taillights and it was pretty sweet.

... again, this is another story that makes me glad to have moved to the South! We don't get this "snow and ice" stuff in Texas very much! :)

6. ceedeerrr

ceedeerrr New Member

Good for you, imagine us here at Chicago....... :?

7. ChevyFan

Like I said, I grew up in the Northwest. I've had the winters with snow on the ground for 4 straight months and the 8 hours of sunlight. No thanks!