Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anyone thinking of getting a new ceiling fan for their house?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Springthing, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ok, *completely* and totally off topic here but the ceiling fan in our living room needed changed. It was in the house when we purchased it two years ago. It was the 5-blade generic fan with the four globes for light.

Anyway.. so we got the Harbor Breeze Avian from Lowes and I must say I am already loving it.

It's a three-blade design that comes in silver with light wood blades. The blades didn't match our black/tan living room at all so I actually took to them with black gloss spray paint (textured 'hammer' look, to be precise). It has a remote to work the fan and light.

I have to say... this thing pushes some AIR! Woooot! The box says 5050 cfm (cubic feet / minute) and most of the others were around 3000... the 5 blade one we just replaced was about 3300 or so. But this fan here is really kicking around the air in the room and I dare say I could fly a small kite in here! LOL

Anyhow.. for just over $100 this ceiling fan really does great and it uses less wattage than a lot of the other fans we looked at there.

Just thought I'd let y'all know just in case someone's got a fan that needs replacing that they've put off. It might be time to do it and the Avian actually makes a difference!