Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anyone tried HHO? Hydrgen on demand systems

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Blacksheep1, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Has anyone done HHO? I see adds for them alot. Guess I'm still nervous about them. thanks

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

1 word: SCAM.........

3. Blacksheep1

Have you tried it?

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

No i have not because there is a mythbusters episode about mods like this as well as the result that adding hydrogen to an already rich air/fuel ratio isnt needed.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'll let a guy in our town tell you how much he paid for a new motor in his Tahoe after trying one of those kits.

6. Blacksheep1

I havn't either just fishing for away to cut down more on fuel Thanks Anyone else that has let me know

7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have no tried it. But, I work in the industrial gas industry and I wouldn't put a hydrogen cylinder in my car no matter the gas savings. I have yet to see a cylinder that would be considered safe to carry in a pick up unless you have some kind of cage around it.

8. Blacksheep1

They don't put a cylinder in. What I understand of it they claim a water bottle and some chemicals to make it work.

9. jbruch694

jbruch694 Member

ive seen a system that a guy put in his 4.3 V6 s-10 that used a secondary 100 amp alternator to run current through some sealed containers of water in the bed, with a collector tube at the top that went to the intake. the thing (he built it himself) seperated the hydrogen and oxygen from the water and he saw a 15 mpg increase, no word on whether or not its still running though lol

10. Blacksheep1

Look into it if you could please. Thanks!!!!!