Anyone tried HHO? Hydrgen on demand systems

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Blacksheep1, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Has anyone done HHO? I see adds for them alot. Guess I'm still nervous about them. thanks

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

1 word: SCAM.........

3. Blacksheep1

Have you tried it?

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

No i have not because there is a mythbusters episode about mods like this as well as the result that adding hydrogen to an already rich air/fuel ratio isnt needed.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'll let a guy in our town tell you how much he paid for a new motor in his Tahoe after trying one of those kits.

6. Blacksheep1

I havn't either just fishing for away to cut down more on fuel Thanks Anyone else that has let me know

7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have no tried it. But, I work in the industrial gas industry and I wouldn't put a hydrogen cylinder in my car no matter the gas savings. I have yet to see a cylinder that would be considered safe to carry in a pick up unless you have some kind of cage around it.

8. Blacksheep1

They don't put a cylinder in. What I understand of it they claim a water bottle and some chemicals to make it work.

9. jbruch694

jbruch694 Member

ive seen a system that a guy put in his 4.3 V6 s-10 that used a secondary 100 amp alternator to run current through some sealed containers of water in the bed, with a collector tube at the top that went to the intake. the thing (he built it himself) seperated the hydrogen and oxygen from the water and he saw a 15 mpg increase, no word on whether or not its still running though lol

10. Blacksheep1

Look into it if you could please. Thanks!!!!!