1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone up to doing a How-To for brake pads?

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by Springthing, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It might not be a tough job for those that have done it more than once, but it is a little intimidating for those that have never done it.

Does anyone feel like doing a write-up for changing out brakes pads? With all the folks on here there's got to be someone that's got a digital camera that's due for a brake change.

I think it would be greatly appreciated by a LOT of folks!

Thanks!
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If I ever get around to rebuilding my front-end, I'll try to catch it with the rest of the work I'll be doing. However, if someone else wants to get it done sooner, I'm game. :)
  3. Springthing

Bueller.........Bueller.........Bueller.....
  4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Crap, just did mine last week. Maybe I'll pull it apart again later this week if no one else has stepped up.
  5. spazzoid13

spazzoid13 Rockstar

i would very much like to see this done, as i think im getting close to needing it done, and would rather not pay for someone else to do it..although, im not entirely sure i trust myself with something so...important..to a vehicle safety.
  6. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm due for rears, Hopefully can scrounge up the funds by next month. If it's not done by then. I'll do it up.
  7. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, I have to wait for the snow to melt, but the kids are on spring break now, so I may have some free time.
  8. Springthing

Woohoo!! Much appreciated!
  9. Mindi51982

Mindi51982 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah a write up would be GREAT! Specifically a write up for the people that don't have disc brakes. :glasses:
  10. Pyro81

Pyro81 Rockstar

I'm currently in the middle of changing all my brakes. I ran into a problem that i think a lot of people will run into as well. I was able to get past the problem with some minor headaches. I'm taking some photos and i might give writing up a how-to a shot.